Office Manager - Las Vegas, NV
Overview: Perform a variety of highly responsible administrative and secretarial tasks to help achieve the Desert Southwest Chapter’s vision, mission, and goals for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and their families in the Southern Nevada Region. This position involves significant teamwork and collaboration with the small regional professional staff team, Chapter office staff, volunteers, and diverse community members, and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
This position is a full-time position, located in Las Vegas, Nevada, and reports to the Regional Director.
- Develop, compile and maintain accurate regional computer records and reports, to include: the tracking, entry and processing of contributions, accounts payable and receivable (coding and batching), petty cash, volunteers, donors and related lists and addresses. Input and track all information accurately in various computer databases and spreadsheets.
- Provide general office management of the phone, fax, and file systems. Ensure an efficient regional mail operation, including bulk rate permit coordination, mass mailing arrangements and liaison with the USPS. Monitor and order office supplies. Operate and perform/ coordinate basic maintenance on office equipment.
- Provide secretarial/ clerical support including serving as receptionist, developing correspondence, tracking and analyzing data, and assisting in the development of presentations using tools such as PowerPoint.
- Assist the Regional Director and program staff in coordinating logistics of projects and special events.
- Assist the Regional Director in providing support to volunteer committees, including the Regional Leadership Council (RLC), various advisory committees and special event work groups. Assist in preparing and distributing agenda packets and recording meeting minutes.
- Maintain an organizational climate that attracts, motivates, supports and retains high quality staff and volunteers who are committed to providing supportive services to families. Provide supervision and training for assigned volunteers.
- Assist in the management of direct service requests and reporting, in keeping with grant awards. Maintain vendor and resource service directory.
- Provide support to the regional Helpline Program, which may include responding to calls, supporting volunteers, and tracking and reporting Helpline data.
- Assist the Regional Director to ensure compliance with National and Chapter policies and standard operating procedures. Foster appropriate communication and positive relationships between offices.
- Serve as a member of the Southern Nevada Region’s staff team, participating in the development of operational plans and coordinating with other members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Progressively responsible work history in administrative roles. Associate degree in business, administrative support, or similar educational background.
- Demonstrated effective written communication skills. Ability to compose general business correspondence. Ability to maintain office records and prepare accurate reports. Experience recording, archiving and distributing meeting minutes.
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Effective customer service skills. Ability to encourage teamwork and work cooperatively with others. Multicultural sensitivity. Bilingual Spanish-English helpful.
- Extensive computer skills and knowledge of office equipment and procedures. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite and other software applications.
- Experience working with older adults and volunteers helpful.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Job Reference #: 3526