Office Administrator & Volunteer Coordinator - Part Time
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Office Administrator & Volunteer Coordinator position provides clerical and office management support, as well as coordinating volunteers for the office help and special events. This position is a part-time position (25 hours a week) with Monday - Friday office hours, as well as occasional events on nights and weekends. Benefits will be available with this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Development and Program staff
- Generate office correspondence; Word processing, document creation, Publisher, Power Point
- Receptionist duties for office including meet and greet visitors, set up for meetings, etc.
- Support donor recognition programs; experience with Convio fundraising software a plus
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment, development, and scheduling for office and special events.
- Provide Special Events support, primarily during two Walk to End Alzheimer’s events and The Longest Day
- The ideal candidate will support the staff as assigned, as well as manage office volunteer program. Other duties: drafting general correspondence, minimal invoicing and tracking of vendor payments, and maintaining data integrity.
- This position requires a candidate with strong administrative, clerical and data-entry support skills, as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer service skills are required, as this position interacts frequently with association volunteers, participants and staff. Prior experience in special events a plus.
- Associate's Degree or higher preferred
- Two to three years of clerical support experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products, email and internet
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal, customer relations and communication skills
- Knowledge of Northeast Tennessee and surrounding area
- Friendly, personable, ability to interact well with others; Team player
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Job Status: Part Time,Internship,Volunteer
Job Reference #: 3145