Multicultural & Community Outreach Coordinator
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We’re the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the estimated 5.5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease, their families and caregivers.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, we are the brains behind saving yours®. Many of us who work for the Alzheimer's Association have some connection with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia. It's what drives us to make the extra effort in the daunting task of modifying a disease that currently has no cure. With 78 million baby boomers entering the age of greatest risk for Alzheimer’s, we need passionate, hardworking people committed to helping the Association meet the increasing demand for care and support and fund vital Alzheimer’s research.
Why join us? We have been recognized as a Best Nonprofit to Work For by the Nonprofit Times seven consecutive years.
The Multicultural and Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of programs, partnerships and services directed to those affected by dementia within the Greater Cincinnati chapter service area. The specific multicultural priority populations include but are not limited to: African-American, Hispanic, LGTB and women.
* Community relations: Forge and maintain relationships with key community leaders, businesses and organizations to identify and support the needs of community caregivers, health professionals and people with the disease by utilizing detailed process maps/protocols
* Represent the chapter at community events to cultivate value-add relationships for chapter growth, funding and programs and services use
* Organize educational outreach and awareness events/programming to churches, senior centers, physician practices, health clinics and community service providers to identify and refer those affected to education and support programs resulting in growth of programs and services use.
* Review existing educational curricula and support programming for relevancy to the dementia care needs of the target populations
* Facilitate the formation of support groups specific to the needs of the target populations
* Serve as staff liaison to the MOSAIC Council and recruit volunteers to assist with outreach efforts in diverse communities
* Collaborate with Development and Communications staff to identify media and marketing opportunities to reach diverse audiences
* Other projects as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Health Care Administration, Communications, Social Work, etc. (advanced degree a plus)
* Experience in the aging network serving diverse populations
* Must possess valid driver's license
* Understanding of Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia and their effect on person and family systems
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Strong computer skills, PP, Publisher, Excel, Word and social media platforms
Job Reference #: 3189