Provide leadership to implement the Chapter’s volunteer program to enhance and expand the involvement of the Chapter ‘s constituents and community focusing on diversity. Provide support for chapter program and services through data management and volunteer program assistance. Recruits and trains volunteers. Supports the full mission of the organization. Work may be stressful during periods of high volume or tight deadlines. High volume of public contact
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Recruit, interview and facilitate training of volunteers for the Chapter including but not limited to: clerical, speaker’s bureau, and health fair with a focus on diversity.
* Coordinate and schedule volunteer hours and activities. Ensure jobs are ready for volunteers prior to their arrival and that all supplies needed are available.
* Ensure all proper policies are signed by volunteers annually and filed appropriately
* With the support of the Community Engagement Manager audit polices and determine a plan of correction for volunteers who violate policies and procedures, or who act contrary to the Chapter mission.
* Field requests for Association participation at non-fundraising community outreach events, such as health fairs, volunteer fairs, wellness fairs, et al.
* Coordinate schedules of volunteers and staff to cover events appropriately. Represent the Chapter at assigned events, including but not limited to, volunteer association meetings, health and wellness fairs and volunteer fairs. Represent Chapter at events when volunteers are not available.
* Develop strong relationships within the priority communities served to foster a positive image such that diverse community members and students will volunteer for the Alzheimer’s Association.
* Identify and fulfill other opportunities for community outreach.
* Oversee support group facilitator training process from application to training. Work with appropriate staff to deliver periodic trainings. Ensure all documentation for support group facilitators and support group locations are accurate and on file.
* Responsible for keeping up-to-date with Association news, disease information and other information that will assist in completing job tasks. Supervises the organization and completion of all "in-house" bulk mailings.
* Responsible for complete and accurate data input of all volunteer activity including volunteer personal data, hours volunteered, jobs assigned, etc. into appropriate CRM database.
* Other assignments as requested by the Community Engagement Manager or senior management.
* Provide Front desk coverage and triage Helpline calls where needed
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge and skills
* Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Professional attitude and appearance
* Sense of humor and flexibility
* Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers at some level
* Ability to promote the Chapter’s programs and events to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual participants and volunteers.
* Ability to take initiative, set priorities, work independently, and manage multiple tasks
* Good people skills
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and agency data collection systems
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Good vision and hearing (corrected *
* High volume of public contact both individual and group
* An absolute commitment to confidentiality
* Ability to travel throughout Chapter territory and fly to regional and national meetings)
* Ability to type on a keyboard
* Ability to work under pressure
* Must be able to lift or move 25 pounds
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule
* Must have reliable transportation
* Must have valid Texas Driver’s License
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3561