Mission Specialist-Family Services
The Family Services Mission Specialist position is responsible for providing Chapter mission delivery activities including but not limited to: Follow up and support for constituents; managing early-stage program volunteers; coordinating early-stage programming; triaging calls to appropriate services and resources; managing the reception area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Help recruit screen and supervise volunteers/interns to support the Chapter
* Manage and evaluate early-stage program volunteers who facilitate programming and support groups for caregivers, and persons living with dementia.
* Refer new and existing Alzheimer’s Association constituents to care consultation and other Association services.
* Input data in national Personify database including, entry of attendance/demographic information and contact center follow up reports.
* Provide reception area coverage and triage calls
* Manage Chapter literature inventory and ordering process.
* Support Chapter fundraising efforts such as the Longest Day ; Walk to End Alzheimer’s
* Represent and assist the Association at public outreach events, conferences, workshops, media and advocacy events.
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge and skills
* Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Professional attitude and appearance
* Sense of humor and flexibility
* Demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers at some level
* Ability to promote the Chapter’s programs and events to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual participants and volunteers.
* Ability to take initiative, set priorities, work independently, and manage multiple tasks
* Good people skills
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and agency data collection systems.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* High volume of public contact both individual and group
* An absolute commitment to confidentiality
* Ability to travel throughout Chapter territory and fly to regional and national meetings)
* Ability to type on a keyboard
* Ability to work under pressure
* Must be able to lift or move 25 pounds
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule
* Must have reliable transportation
* Must have valid Texas Driver’s License