Memory Gala Manager
- Recruit and coach volunteer community leaders, resulting in the attainment of revenue goals and event implementation for the Tulsa Memory Gala and the AWARE luncheon.
- Manage the involvement of volunteers and committee members in the cultivation and solicitation of donor prospects.
- Build relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporate partners.
- Working in collaboration with the Director of Development, personally cultivate and solicit prospects, including foundation and corporate grants to fund events.
- Oversee written corporate and foundation solicitations in relation to the Tulsa Gala and AWARE luncheon.
- Track receipt of pledges, payments, and expenses in collaboration with Finance Department. Oversee execution of appropriate donor acknowledgment and sponsor benefits.
- Oversee all committee meetings, implementing event timelines and benchmarks.
- Serve as primary liaison to Event Designer/Planner and all other event vendors, facilitating timelines, contracts, payment requests and other related tasks.
- In collaboration with Director of Development, design and implement strategies for ongoing donor stewardship.
- Report regularly to development team and Gala/AWARE committees via regular conference calls and in-person meetings.
- Maintain year-round relationships with key corporate sponsors and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
- Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals
- Preferred large event fundraising experience or equivalent sales background
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communications
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals.
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3069