Mass Market Events & Fundraising Manager
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with the disease, their care givers, and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last nine years in a row.
The Mass Market Events and Fundraising Manager will provide leadership and management for the Chapter’s mass market events such as the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day and other events. In addition, the position is responsible for cultivating corporate and organizational gifts, developing intermediate and major gifts and writing grants.
* Provide manager level leadership, oversight and implementation of fundraising programs to ensure a diverse revenue stream from corporate sponsorship, other corporate gifts, individual gifts and participant income for all fund-raising events.
* Achieve current revenue targets and expense budgets for Walk to End Alzheimer’s and The Longest Day with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget.
* Develop and follow a comprehensive development plan that includes budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development and marketing/PR and logistics. Ensure smooth integration of the National Association best practices, standards and guidelines.
* Participate in the development and implementation of the annual strategic plan for the Chapter.
* Manage corporate relationships, including securing new event sponsors, increasing commitment from existing sponsors and ensuring benefit fulfillment.
* Manage individual relationships, including securing new intermediate and major gifts.
* In coordination with Chapter staff, develop marketing strategies to promote and increase mass marketed event awareness, visibility and participation.
* Develop an effective and "cause-dedicated" pool of volunteers, including strong chairs to lead all mass marketed event planning and implementation.
* Ensure volunteer committees are recruited, trained and developed
* Represent Chapter at public and media events, as well as conferences and workshops.
* A Bachelor’s Degree preferred. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered
* A minimum of three years of proven experience in professional and diversified fundraising. Experience with mass marketed events preferred
* Success in presenting and closing fundraising requests of individuals and groups. Experience in strategic planning, budget development and management preferred
* Ability to independently multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with little supervision
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, database applications and Internet fundraising. Experience using Convio a plus
* Ability to develop strong working relationships with community and coworkers
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Ability to travel frequently throughout the Chapter territory, as well as occasional overnight travel
* Access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required
* Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
search terms: development, fundraise, nonprofit, events, event planning
Job Reference #: 3240