Marketing and Communications Manager
- Lead and execute strategies to educate our target audiences about Alzheimer’s disease and engage them in activities of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Act as a chapter leader with strategic thinking as a whole in collaboration with Development, Program and operations.
- Working cross functionally to provide strategic counsel, develop and execute creative media programs across all communications disciplines. This includes managing the Chapter website and social media presence.
- Leadership experience working collaboratively with internal and external partners, clients, and the media.
- Engage the community as a lead representative for the chapter through key networking opportunities.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge and experience extending initiatives across traditional, online and social media platforms.
- Assess, understand, synthesize, and communicate complicated information for internal partners and the media.
- Lead and manage multiple projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Strategically determine best use of resources, tools and tactics to achieve goals, along with superior research, writing and editorial skills.
- Conduct media development and coaching of spokespeople, including staff, volunteers, and other individuals impacted by the disease.
- Manage resources and budgets effectively, including external vendors and advertising contracts.
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- 3-5 years related professional experience, at least two of which are at a leadership level
- Strong individual and team player
- Works and leads well in a team environment
- Superior writing skills and knowledge of AP Style
- Ability to work effectively to coach volunteers, staff, and external contacts to build and maintain successful marketing outcomes
- Some agency setting-related experience and/or training preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and/or analyze growth opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, electronically and excellent presentation skills to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Experience managing outside vendors and contractors
- Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Google Suites required
- Graphic design skills preferred
- Ability to keep a flexible schedule that may include "non-traditional" hours
- Driver’s license with proof of insurance
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2974