Manager, Walk to End Alzheimer's
As Manager of Walk to End Alzheimer’s, you join an exclusive team of leaders responsible for the implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer’s®, the world’s largest fundraiser for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Walk to End Alzheimer’s® ranks as the second-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States, and continues to set the pace as one of the fastest growing walk events in the country.
Utilizing your proven networking and relationship building skills to cultivate key community connections, you will drive success and achieve revenue goals by strategically identifying and engaging community and corporate leaders and building and empowering sustainable volunteer committees.
As a successful fundraising leader who will manage multiple fundraising events simultaneously, you will coach and inspire your volunteers to implement and build on proven strategies and best practices that result in event growth year over year.
This role is right for you if;
- You have proven success at building sustainable corporate and community relationships that contribute to achieving event revenue goals and greater brand awareness
- You have successfully recruited, managed, and coached volunteers to effectively implement best and proven practices to achieve fundraising goals
- You have managed multiple volunteer-led mass-market events simultaneously that have resulted in revenue growth year over year
- You are known as a unifier and have successfully built a positive, healthy, and inclusive team environment that has resulted in long term community relationships
- You have achieved or surpassed designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, and community partnerships
- You have demonstrated success at prospecting, cultivating and stewarding event teams, sponsors and participants
- You are comfortable with managing event budgets, training volunteers, utilizing timelines and translating data
What you Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals
- Preferred peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent sales background
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 80% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfill the job goals. This role is remote working in the Yuba City area and community.
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs. of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Walk to End Alzheimer’s
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director Walk To End Alzheimer’s
STATUS: Part-time- 24 hours per week, Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Yuba City area, CA
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity - meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing. #LI-SL1 #LI-Hybrid