Manager, The Longest Day
The Longest Day Manager
More than a Do It Yourself Fundraiser, The Longest Day is a signature event of the Alzheimer’s Association, and is one of the fastest growing and unique campaigns of its kind in the world.
The Longest Day is leading the peer-to-peer fundraising space with innovation and creativity, providing an excellent opportunity to engage new audiences in the fight to end Alzheimer’s among many diverse activity groups, from the golfing and hiking communities to live streamers and bridge players.
As exclusive manager of The Longest Day in your community, you will put your proven networking and relationship building skills to work identifying and cultivating key community connections, corporate partnerships and exciting new audiences that drive campaign success. As a successful volunteer manager, you will proactively recruit, train, coach and inspire your committee to recruit and coach participants to achieve fundraising and event planning success.
This position is a perfect fit for an innovative, independent go-getter who demonstrates a self-disciplined, proactive attitude and takes initiative to achieve positive and measurable results.
This position will be based in Los Angeles and responsible for the CA Southland chapter territory.
This role is right for you if;
- You have proven success at building sustainable corporate and community relationships that contribute to achieving event revenue goals and create greater brand awareness
- You have successfully recruited, managed, and coached volunteer committees to effectively implement best and proven practices to achieve fundraising goals
- You are a successful fundraiser who has coached and inspired individuals and teams to set and reach their revenue goals
- You are and enthusiastic networker who is excited to identify, recruit and engage new companies and activity based groups in your community
- You have managed volunteer-led events that have resulted in revenue growth year over year
- You are known as a uniter and have successfully built a positive, healthy, and inclusive team environment that has resulted in long term community and volunteer relationships
- You have achieved or surpassed designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, and community partnerships
What you Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of proven experience in volunteer committee development
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Creatively build community growth strategies for campaign growth, focusing on target markets such as golf, hiking, and live streaming
- Able to execute a plan with the Volunteer Committee to recruit and retain past participants through implementing best practices and providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to form and cultivate sustainable corporate relationships and partnerships
- Eagerness to network and build relationships in the community year-round to recruit and retain volunteers, companies, organizations and activity groups
- Create unique, engaging community outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association’s mission, including community presentations, attending networking events, and corporate engagement opportunities
- Capability to maintain year-round relationships with Global Team partners and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
JOB TITLE: The Longest Day Manager
REPORTS TO: VP of Development
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
STATUS: full time, exempt
GRADE: 305 Hiring salary $70,000-$80,000, plus many more benefits!
Eligible for a $10,000 bonus!
Why choose the Alzheimer’s Association?
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times each year since 2010, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we are relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 70 chapters across the country, we are advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.