Manager, The Longest Day
More than a Do It Yourself Fundraiser, The Longest Day is a signature event of the Alzheimer’s Association, and is one of the fastest growing and unique campaigns of its kind in the world.
The Longest Day is leading the peer-to-peer fundraising space with innovation and creativity, providing an excellent opportunity to engage new audiences in the fight to end Alzheimer’s among many diverse activity groups, from the golfing and hiking communities to live streamers and bridge players.
As exclusive manager of The Longest Day in your community, you will put your proven networking and relationship building skills to work identifying and cultivating key community connections, corporate partnerships and exciting new audiences that drive campaign success. As a successful volunteer manager, you will proactively recruit, train, coach and inspire your committee to recruit and coach participants to achieve fundraising and event planning success.
This position is a perfect fit for an innovative, independent go-getter who demonstrates a self-disciplined, proactive attitude and takes initiative to achieve positive and measurable results.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build sustainable corporate and community relationships that contribute to achieving event revenue goals and create greater brand awareness
- Recruit, manage, and coach volunteer committees to effectively implement best and proven practices to achieve fundraising goals
- Coach and inspire individuals and teams to set and reach their revenue goals
- Network to identify, recruit and engage new companies and activity-based groups in your community
- Manage volunteer-led events that have resulted in revenue growth year over year
- Build a positive, healthy, and inclusive team environment that has resulted in long term community and volunteer relationships
- Achieve or surpass designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, and community partnerships
- Creatively build community growth strategies for campaign growth, focusing on target markets such as golf, hiking, and live streaming
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of proven experience in volunteer committee development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Able to execute a plan with the Volunteer Committee to recruit and retain past participants through implementing best practices and providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to form and cultivate sustainable corporate relationships and partnerships
- Eagerness to network and build relationships in the community year-round to recruit and retain volunteers, companies, organizations and activity groups
- Create unique, engaging community outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association’s mission, including community presentations, attending networking events, and corporate engagement opportunities
- Capability to maintain year-round relationships with Global Team partners and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfill the job goals
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software
Title: Manager, The Longest Day
Position Location: St. Louis, MO - Greater Missouri Chapter
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Grade: 205
Reports To: Vice President, Development
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a row.
At the Alzheimer's Association®, we believe that diverse perspectives are critical to achieving health equity - meaning that all communities have a fair and just opportunity for early diagnosis and access to risk reduction and quality care. The Association is committed to engaging underrepresented and underserved communities and responding with resources and education to address the disproportionate impact of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: MANAG001585