Manager, The Longest Day
More than a Do It Yourself Fundraiser, The Longest Day is a signature event of the Alzheimer’s Association, and is one of the fastest growing and unique campaigns of its kind in the world.
The Longest Day is leading the peer-to-peer fundraising space with innovation and creativity, providing an excellent opportunity to engage new audiences in the fight to end Alzheimer’s among many diverse activity groups, from the golfing and hiking communities to live streamers and bridge players.
As exclusive manager of The Longest Day in your community, you will put your proven networking and relationship building skills to work identifying and cultivating key community connections, corporate partnerships and exciting new audiences that drive campaign success. As a successful volunteer manager, you will proactively recruit, train, coach and inspire your committee to recruit and coach participants to achieve fundraising and event planning success.
This position is a perfect fit for an innovative, independent go-getter who demonstrates a self-disciplined, proactive attitude and takes initiative to achieve positive and measurable results.
This role is right for you if:
- You have proven success at building sustainable corporate and community relationships that contribute to achieving event revenue goals and create greater brand awareness
- You have successfully recruited, managed, and coached volunteer committees to effectively implement best and proven practices to achieve fundraising goals
- You are a successful fundraiser who has coached and inspired individuals and teams to set and reach their revenue goals
- You are and enthusiastic networker who is excited to identify, recruit and engage new companies and activity based groups in your community
- You have managed volunteer-led events that have resulted in revenue growth year over year
- You are known as a uniter and have successfully built a positive, healthy, and inclusive team environment that has resulted in long term community and volunteer relationships
- You have achieved or surpassed designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, and community partnerships
What you Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of proven experience in volunteer committee development
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Creatively build community growth strategies for campaign growth, focusing on target markets such as golf, hiking, and live streaming
- Able to execute a plan with the Volunteer Committee to recruit and retain past participants through implementing best practices and providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to form and cultivate sustainable corporate relationships and partnerships
- Eagerness to network and build relationships in the community year-round to recruit and retain volunteers, companies, organizations and activity groups
- Create unique, engaging community outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association’s mission, including community presentations, attending networking events, and corporate engagement opportunities
- Capability to maintain year-round relationships with Global Team partners and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Job Title: Manager, The Longest Day
Location: Cincinnati, OH or Dayton, OH
Full Time: 37.5 hours work week
Reports To: Community Executive
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work every year since 2010!
What the Alzheimer’s Association offers:
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Non-Profit Times each year since 2010, recognizing our visionary and dynamic leadership, collaborative culture, competitive compensation, generous benefits and mission-driven atmosphere. In addition, we offer a hybrid work environment with some flexibility in schedules, as well as excellent training on peer to peer fundraising techniques.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we are relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 70 chapters across the country, we are advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.