Manager, The Longest Day
The Alzheimer’s Association’s mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer’s Association was recently recognized as the #1 largest Best Non Profit to Work For in the Non Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work.
This position will manage development and execution of local Longest Day recruitment and retention efforts and be held accountable for the achievement of income performance targets through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment, and mobilization of a Volunteer Committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engages, trains and manages relationships with community based leadership volunteers (either chapter wide or regionally based) to develop and execute a local recruitment, cultivation and retention plan for new and veteran Longest Day teams
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently completing activities and meeting target deadlines for successful event execution
- Ensures on-going mission education for Volunteer Committee members
- Implements best practices for leadership development, increased participation and event revenue growth; drives and encourages creativity and innovation at the community/chapter level.
- Develops and demonstrates skills in community organization, relationship building, talent identification and leadership development.
- Collaborates with other key departments to ensure cross promotion, and support of, organizational goals and/or messages
- Monitors activities to identify trends and best practices; measures impact of specific actions; identifies and addresses issues as they arise and adjusts plans as required
- Utilizes available resources to maximize event results and participates in webinars, conference calls and/or trainings offered by the Association for The Longest Day
- Ensures inclusion of The Longest Day within Chapter promotional/communications channels including email, social media, e-News; public relations and local marketing efforts
- Ensures compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies and procedures
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least three years of experience in a nonprofit development/fundraising setting
- Previous experience recruiting and leading volunteer committees
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Outcomes driven
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must be able to work through others to accomplish goals
- Proficient in computer based information systems
- Demonstrated expertise recruiting and managing volunteers preferred
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3606