Manager of Community Volunteers
This position is responsible for developing, managing and implementing a volunteer-led program strategy for the 8 counties served by the Quincy office of the Alzheimer’s Association, Illinois Chapter, and for five counties in southern Illinois. The primary goal of this position is to grow our volunteer base to significantly expand the reach of Alzheimer's Association programs and services. Measurable outcomes include: significant growth in the recruitment, training and supervision of local program volunteers; an increase in the number of constituents served through volunteer-led community education programs and support groups; and the expansion of community-based education and support programs into underserved communities. The majority of time will be spent in the 8-county Quincy service area, with occasional trips to five counties in southeastern Illinois to assist with volunteer recruitment and engagement.
CORE CHARACTERISTICS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
* Demonstrated success managing volunteers, including recruitment, training, engagement, supervision and evaluation.
* Ability to build strong partnerships and increase volunteer-led services to communities that have typically had low rates of engagement with the chapter.
* Demonstrated success working with diverse/underserved populations, volunteers, staff, and external contacts to build and maintain successful partnerships.
* Solid communication skills in person, print, and electronically.
* Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and/or analyze growth opportunities and make programmatic recommendations to chapter leadership.
* Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once.
* Excellent time management skills.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Community Program Volunteer Management (60%)
* Increase reach of Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs by recruiting, training and supervising volunteers to assist in program delivery.
oBuild and expand the number of Alzheimer’s Association Community Educators, Alzheimer’s Association Community Representatives, Support Group Facilitators, and other Program Volunteers.
oEngage, train and manage relationships with program volunteers to expand the Alzheimer’s Association’s visibility and programmatic reach within assigned area.
oConduct annual performance evaluations of program volunteers.
oRepresent the chapter as needed at community events and networking groups.
oLead and conduct Community Forums in order to develop an informed and community-focused plan for service delivery.
Community Partnerships (30%)
* Develop new, sustainable community partnerships and volunteer supporters within rural communities in an effort to increase referrals to the 24/7 Helpline, support groups, education programs, and virtual programs.
oBuild referral partnerships with social service agencies, service providers and congregations to identify prospective volunteers in hard-to-reach communities.
oAnalyze service data to identify gaps in rural delivery and create opportunities to expand awareness of virtual education and support programs.
General Chapter Responsibilities (10%)
* Assure compliance with all Alzheimer’s Association data collection and evaluation initiatives.
* In partnership with chapter development staff, cultivate and recruit supporters for chapter fundraising events like Walk to End Alzheimer's and Longest Day.
* Assist with development events as needed.
* Maintain reports, service statistics and grant-related paperwork as needed.
* Attend chapter meetings and special events as scheduled.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Human Services, Gerontology, Nursing, Public Health, or related field.
* Experience: 2 years’ experience in program development / volunteer management.
* Understanding of health education, community program development, strong public speaking skills and adult learning principles.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel) and Google; ability to learn donor and service user software.
* Primary work location is the Illinois Chapter’s Quincy, IL office; service provided to Adams, Brown, Pike, Hancock, Henderson, McDonough, Schuyler and Warren Counties.
* Responsible for assisting with volunteer recruitment and engagement activities in Bond, Fayette, Effingham, Jasper and Crawford counties in southeastern Illinois.
* Position operates in a flexible work environment and requires travel throughout the above counties, and occasionally elsewhere within the state of Illinois. Evenings and weekend work may be necessary in order to meet community needs.
* Position utilizes laptop and LCD projectors.
* Ability to carry up to 25 lbs of equipment and supplies.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3233