Manager, Constituent Events
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Constituent Events Manager plays a key role in achieving budgetary and strategic goals as part of the Alzheimer’s Association, Arkansas Chapter. This position is responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of the Alzheimer’s Association’s branded event - The Longest Day. The Manager will be accountable for the achievement of income performance targets through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of volunteer committees. This position is also responsible for planning and executing other special events along with volunteer recruitment and training. With year-round activities and events, the Constituent Events Manager is responsible for working with staff, volunteers, and community members to achieve established development goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Actively recruit, train, and support high impact volunteers that will assist in growing revenue as well as increasing concern and awareness throughout chapter territory.
* Provide support to overall fundraising operations to include volunteer management; customer service to constituents; database mining and management; donor/sponsor/advocate relations and communications; management of vendor relations; etc.
* Adhere to all branding and marketing efforts as outlined by the Alzheimer’s Association.
* Prepare reports and provide information as requested and required; track event budgets and maintain financial records for events.
* Significant travel within related territory; general travel within state and region for conferences and meetings.
* Process daily mail including coding checks, prepare batch reports, process cash deposits and other related funds that come into the Little Rock office for events, general donations, etc. Daily bank, Fed-Ex, and UPS runs.
* Answer phones, greet visitors, and provide polite customer service, while directing inquiries appropriately.
* Responsible for copying, acknowledgement, logging and mailing of deposits to our donation processing vendor or National office for all events, general donations, memorials, grants, etc.
* Coordinate Chapter acknowledgement process for gifts received at the chapter including tribute/memorial donations.
* Process monthly reconciliation of vendor deposit reports, work with Donor Services to solve any discrepancies and file with Chapter Development lead.
* Represent Chapter at public events, conferences and media events as assigned.
* Participate in all staff, team, committee and other internal and external meetings as requested.
* Contribute to creating a work environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation between volunteers, staff and departments.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* 3 years of development/fundraising experience and/or sales experience/background understanding diverse communities, volunteer recruitment, and volunteer retention
* Experience cultivating, motivating and engaging volunteers
* Ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities and work in a fast-paced environment. High efficiency in time management and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
* Detail-oriented, adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
* Excellent written, oral communication skills and problem-solving skills.
* Communication and graphic design experience helpful.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Applications.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
* Must possess a reliable personal vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of valid insurance.
* Ability and willingness to travel as needed to conduct Chapter business. Evening or weekend work may be required at certain times of the year.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3480