Manager, Area Operations
The Manager, Area Operations provides advanced, diverse, and confidential higher level administrative and operational support to the Area Leader (AL), East and West. Coordinates activities and develops strong relationships with other departments and team leads to ensure the strategic operational goals of the Areas are met. Serves as a liaison with internal and external constituents to communicate ongoing deadlines and follow up specific to Areas’ success. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: operations support, assistance with capital equipment and lease oversight, identification of potential cost savings within Areas/Regions, annual budget review and tracking, year-end performance review tracking, produce reports to track revenue for AL review, assist with logistics of Regional and Chapter Executive meetings, support ALs with preparation for key meetings and coordinate attendance at AAIC, Forum and Summit.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA and reports to the East and West Area Leaders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provides support and management for the successful execution of Area operations activities. Serves as the Areas’ champion for implementing optimally efficient operations, driving process optimization and continuous compliance of processes implemented.
* Serves as a conduit between Area and Home office; develops strong relationships with home office partners (volunteer support, training & development, finance, IT, procurement, real estate, facilities, legal, contract management, human resources) to identify, implement, support and track best practices. Manages projects related to the Area/Region.
* Partners with home office associates to meet information requests, reports issues and leads steps toward resolution for items that impact the overall Area; acts as a liaison and represents the Area office with other departments, home office leadership and volunteer leadership groups providing the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism.
* Assists with the coordination of budget activities in partnership with Finance and Accounting.
* Ensures the ALs receives standard reports. Pulls reports as requested by the ALs, reviews reports as needed, and follows up on data quality or content concerns; compiles and summarizes data to meet ALs’ specific needs. Monitors progress against chapter goals; ensures the business implications of data is understood and acted upon as appropriate
* Oversees the completion of special projects as assigned by the ALs and participates on project teams as needed.
* Provides meeting management support by assisting as needed with meeting logistics for internal and external meetings and ensures all resources are prepared for meetings .
* Special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* 5-8 years progressive experience supporting an executive, preferably in a non-profit setting
* Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications and database management.
* Actively demonstrates company-wide mindsets of integrity, collaboration, and stewardship.
* Ability to make sound administrative decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
* Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner.
* Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
* Ability to lift 30 lbs.
* Ability to work successfully in a diverse team environment and cultivate relationships in a diverse population of community leaders and volunteers.
* Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management, and meeting coordination.
* Ability and willingness to engage in local, same day travel. Occasional overnight travel may also be required. Must possess access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
Job Reference #: 3290