IT Release and Change Manager
Job Title: IT Release and Change Manager (Home Office)
Location: Chicago, IL
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Senior Director, Project and End-user Support Services
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The IT Release and Change Manager provides leadership, direction and definition for the release and change management function. This position is responsible for managing the life cycle of change requests and product releases; designs and implements related procedures; facilitates release issue tracking and resolution; ensures all changes and deployments comply with established SLAs and change management procedures. This position maintains and keeps records for tracking metrics in order to monitor and audit the configuration management database. In addition, assists in providing policy enforcement, communication to enhance product management and support for project management teams. The Release and Change Manager should be experienced in using IT project/change management software.
This position is based in the Home office in downtown Chicago, IL.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the life cycle of Change Requests and Product Releases. Builds the IT Release Calendar. This includes scheduling, coordinating and managing both Change Requests and IT Product releases that occur across the Association for multiple applications/systems.
- Provides leadership, direction and definition for the release management function. Collaborates with business and technical teams to manage scope and define release schedules. This includes planning, scheduling, test coordination and implementation of code-in-development in non-production and production environments.
- Designs and implements related procedures. These pertain to the distribution and installation of changes to IT systems. Ensures that all Change Management procedures are fully documented and readily available for reference.
- Assists in providing policy enforcement, communication to enhance product management and support for project management teams. This includes conducting Release Readiness reviews, Milestone reviews and Business Go/No-Go reviews in order to deploy Change Requests and application releases into production. Facilitates release issue tracking and resolution.
- Maintains and keeps records for tracking metrics in order to monitor and audit the configuration management database. Uses this information to facilitate informed decisions and guide the change management process. Identifies opportunities for improvement of release-related performance indicators.
- Ensures all changes and deployments minimize downtime to end users and customers. Defines common mechanisms for rollback and standards for capturing release-related performance indicators. Complies with established SLAs and defined Change Management procedures.
- Facilitates the Change Management process utilizing IT project/change management software.
- Bachelor’s in computer science ( or a related field), equivalent work experience
- 5 years’ minimum experience in production support experience in application development/delivery, design/development, application architecture, data management/governance, business intelligence, project management, software integration and business process analysis.
- 2-3 years of prior experience with IT project/change management system (required for gathering metrics of performance & quality assurance data).
- ITIL Foundations Certified (preferred)
- Information Technology Services Management (ITSM) Certified (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to communicate with individuals and stakeholders in person, on the telephone, video conferencing and/or via electronic mail
- Previous project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.