We are looking for someone to assist with Post-Award Government Grant Administration in the Finance department.
This is a year round internship based in Chicago, IL.
Essential Job Functions
* Monthly reconciliations of time and effort
* Preparing journal entries for upload
* Analyzing budget to actual data
* Analyzing grant contracts for compliance
* Assisting staff with special assignments
* Nonprofit administrative experience
* Enhanced organizational skills
* Analytical skills
* High School Diploma
* Enrolled in higher education institution with a major in Public Administration or related business field
* Prior office experience or customer experience preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Products with Intermediate level of proficiency in Excel
* Flexible schedule but must be able to work a minimum of 4 hours in a work day, approximately 20 hours a week.
* Ability to work independently while updating supervisor on status of tasks
* Willingness to take direction and manage priorities for executing multiple projects
* Solid work ethic and initiative
* Maintain organization confidentiality
* Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff, management and outside contacts
* Capacity to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 3201