Internship - Team Recruitment
- Be knowledgeable about the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association and how Walk fuels that mission.
- Understand the role of a Walk to End Alzheimer’s Team Captain and be comfortable communicating about the importance of this role.
- Work with Walk Manager to develop and determine new team recruitment goals.
- Work with the Walk Manager to develop a plan of action to ensure team recruitment, fundraising, and year round engagement goals are met.
- Work with the Team Recruitment Subcommittee whose main responsibility is to assist with gaining new teams.
- Develop and implement strategies to reach new teams from corporations, organizations, families and friends, facilities, schools, support groups, hospitals, churches, etc. Be creative when looking for new opportunities. Includes warm and cold calling.
- Attend or help facilitate Team Recruitment Subcommittee meetings to monitor progress and ensure everyone is on target to hit their goals. Assist when needed.
- Adhere to Walk event timeline.
- Continuously report progress to Walk Manager.
- Promote Champions Club and Grand Champions Club and advertise the incentive program.
- Implement team engagement calls with the Team Recruitment Subcommittee.
- Plan and execute the New Team Kick-off two months prior to Walk.
- Manage the New Team Kick-off invitation list.
- Students who apply must currently be enrolled as a full time student at a college or university.
- Preferred majors: Communications or Marketing.
- Car and driver’s license are required (will reimburse approved mileage).
- This position requires an individual to be self-motivated and committed to seeing a project from start to finish.
- Student should be proficient in Microsoft Office and have strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills are a must.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 2985