Internship - Events
- Be knowledgeable about mission of the Alzheimer’s Association and how Walk fuels that mission.
- In coordination with Walk Manager, develop a plan of action to ensure Walk day logistical needs are met both prior to and during event.
- Work with the Walk Manager and Day of/Logistics Chair to help secure in-kind donations including water, refreshments, food, entertainment and other critical onsite needs.
- Work with Walk Manager to coordinate all vendors, including table and chair rentals, tents, portable restrooms, transportation, equipment, balloon arch, start/finish line, staging, and route needs.
- Adhere to Walk event timeline.
- Continually report progress to Walk Manager.
- Ensure Walk route is exciting, motivational, entertaining and safe for Walkers.
- Implement an exciting Walk start line and finish line experience including the Thank You Brigade best practice.
- Students who apply must currently be enrolled as a full time student at a college or university.
- Preferred majors: Communications, Marketing, Hospitality Management, Parks and Recreation.
- Car and driver’s license are required (will reimburse approved mileage).
- This position requires an individual to be self-motivated and committed to seeing a project from start to finish.
- Student should be proficient in Microsoft Office and have strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills are a must.
- Training will be provided on the job by Supervisor.
- Measurable goals will be established by Supervisor.
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 2984