HR Shared Services Coordinator
HR Shared Services Coordinator – Home Office
Location – Chicago, IL
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Sr. Talent Director
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The HR Shared Services Coordinator will play an important part in the recruitment process. This role will work closely with the Association’s Regional and Home Office HR Managers and the Sr. Director, Talent, to support full cycle recruiting, onboarding, reporting and payroll interaction. This is a high volume, process oriented job with a need for finely honed organizational skills and attention to detail.
This position will be based at the Association’s Home Office in downtown Chicago.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Represent the Alzheimer’s Association enthusiastically and professionally to internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist with external job postings, interview set up and status updates to candidates, as they move through the recruitment process.
• Initiate offer, promotion and status change letters, perform quality pre-hire reference checks, work with HRMs and IT to ensure new hire equipment is ready and delivered on time.
• Ensure a variety of data is accurately entered in a timely manner, including new hire information, recruiting expenses, status change forms, etc.
• Work with HRMs to help ensure the E-I9 forms are completely in a timely and correct manner.
• Seek input for and update a variety of reports for HR & field leadership
• Ownership of various steps of the orientation and onboarding process
• Arrange for agency temp help for field in accordance with the Association’s approved process.
• Assist with filing and other administrative tasks.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Associates degree in Human Resources or related discipline preferred, High School diploma or GED required
• 1- 2 years of experience in recruiting support or other HR discipline
• Basic knowledge of employment law or the ability and interest to pick it up rapidly
• Refined verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail, ability to correctly spell and pronounce names of diverse candidates and employees.
• Typing speed of 50 words per minute
• Ability to interact in a warm, empathetic, tactful and positive manner, with the broad HR team and all levels of hiring managers and candidates. Excellent customer service and timely follow through.
• Super organized personality, with the ability to learn quickly, exercise initiative, prioritize and take direction from multiple people
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel; familiarity with Google applications desired
• Ability to embrace new technology and change
• Experience working with multi-location/supporting remote managers a plus
• Familiarity with HRIS, including UKG, ADP Payroll and Applicant Tracking Systems Version 8 or higher a plus
• Commitment to confidentiality
• Ability to work overtime during peak seasons, as needed
• Ability to bend and lift up to 10 lbs.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.