Helpline Agents serve as a primary contact for the Association, handling incoming calls and requests to the Association Call Center. These individuals provide high quality customer service support; general information and education about Alzheimer's disease and the Association. Helpline Agents collect data, assess callers' needs and triage calls to Helpline Counselors when an advanced level of phone support or counseling is needed. Helpline Agents also respond to mail and email inquiries, and assist with fulfillment activities. This position is based in downtown Chicago, IL and work hours may include weekend shift(s).
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer questions and inquiries from callers.
- Provide general information about Alzheimer's disease and answer questions regarding the Association's activities, events and programs.
- Collect demographic data and enter it into computerized database.
- Assess and refer calls appropriately to care consultation, chapters or others within the Association.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and follow-up appropriately.
- Handle a high volume and broad range of call issues successfully.
- Prioritize inbound calls and/or perform outbound calls as needed.
- Adhere to a confidentiality agreement.
- Integrate new knowledge and practices resulting from training.
- Follow established association Call Center policies and procedures.
- Respond to written requests for information (via mail and email).
- Identify resources to respond to unique or unusual requests from callers.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys via outbound calls and respondent surveys.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates and/or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of customer service work experience.
- Good word processing and general computer skills.
-Type 30 wpm.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with healthcare industry, mental health or Alzheimer's Disease.
- Able to work a flexible schedule work schedule (day, evening, weekend or holidays).
- Bilingual language capabilities desired (English and Spanish).