Healthcare Outreach Specialist
The Healthcare Outreach Coordinator is responsible for outreach to referring clinicians, ancillary healthcare and service providers for the Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Missouri Chapter. The position has primary responsibility for conducting outreach to clinicians, social workers, and case managers as well as senior care organizations, home care and other service providers with the goal of developing mutually beneficial direct referral relationships. Measurable outcomes are increased referrals from clinicians and service providers to Association programs, increased Care Consultation delivery and expenditure of the respite funds, with special attention to increasing participation among minority, high risk, and underserved populations.
CORE CHARACTERISTICS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Demonstrated success as part of high performance, collaborative teams to achieve strategic initiatives.
* Demonstrated success in developing effective relationship networks and referral relationships with clinicians, ancillary healthcare and service providers.
* Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to variable audiences.
* Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and/or analyze growth opportunities and make programmatic recommendations to Chapter leadership.
* Demonstrated program management skills; deadline-driven, incorporating effective planning and time management strategies that support collaborative delivery of results; ability to organize and schedule visits out of the office and manage multiple projects at once.
* Ability to proficiently utilize computer programs, email, telephone, fax, scanner and Google applications.
* Demonstrated success as an Alzheimer’s educator for professional audiences with solid knowledge of dementia, dementia-related resources, constituent needs and best practices preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Program Management (90%)
* Leverage existing relationships with referring clinicians and service providers to grow physician and other referrals, expand reach through programs and improve access to care as guided by the strategic plan, with special attention to increasing participation among minority, high risk and underserved populations.
* Collaborate with key chapter and regional staff to identify influencers and potential partners.
* Engage with health systems to make them aware of Alzheimer’s Association Rapid Referral system, Dementia Care Practice Recommendations and the benefits of being a dementia-capable system.
* Regularly communicate with service providers about the Association’s services, Care Consultation and respite fund through written communication, selected 1:1 meetings, and ensure a presence at key professional or consumer gatherings.
* Develop ways to obtain and sustain relationships with FQHC’s, Public Health Departments and small rural health centers/hospitals. Elevate potential system level partnerships to Regional Health Systems Account Director.
* Educate service professionals and the aging services network about the Association’s services, importance of early intervention, respite and Rapid Referral program through speaking events and presentations.
* Assist in organizing educational seminars and healthy brain initiatives within the healthcare community.
* Increase general concern and awareness for the Alzheimer’s Association by working closely with the program and services team.
* Leverage new and existing relationships to increase program volunteers in alignment with the strategic plan.
* Align efforts with the chapter community development model, identified priority health systems, and chapter diversity and inclusion efforts.
* Ensure timely entry of accurate information in internal constituent database and outreach contact tracking spreadsheet; ensure updated information is input into the Community Resource Finder and communicate new changes and trends in service provision to the Alzheimer's Association staff and volunteers.
* Supervise graduate level student interns as appropriate.
* Cross trained to support Community Program and Education Outreach
* Other duties as assigned
General chapter responsibilities (10%)
* Conduct program evaluations including client feedback and process analysis to maximize efficient implementation of the program.
* Cultivate and recruit volunteers and supporters for chapter fundraising events like Walk to End Alzheimer's and others. Generate leads for Development team.
* Maintain monthly reports, service statistics and grant-related paperwork.
* Attend chapter meetings and special events as scheduled.
* Bachelor’s degree with 2 years post graduate work experience
* Background in sales, outreach, or marketing to health care settings, with knowledge of health administration, public health and dementia preferred
* Demonstrated professional networking / relationships management skills and experience.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel) and Google; ability to learn donor and service user software
* Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to plan, coordinate and manage schedule and programs
* Demonstrated success in working with a diverse group of colleagues, volunteers, staff and external contacts.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
Job Reference #: 3774