Health Systems Accounts Director
The Health Systems Account Director achieves the Alzheimer's Association's objectives to improve ADRD diagnosis, disclosure, and care, through a consultative and collaborative approach to Health Systems that increases the uptake of effective clinical practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Achieves the Alzheimer's Association's objectives to improve ADRD diagnosis, disclosure, and care, through a consultative and collaborative approach to Health Systems that increases the uptake of effective clinical practices.
- Develops and cultivates a portfolio of Health Systems partnerships, with an emphasis on systems with the greatest potential to impact the Association's Health Systems goals.
- Cultivates productive relationships with key decision makers and champions in health systems.
- Assesses a health system’s readiness, capacity, needs, and interests and uses this assessment to guide products and solutions to offer.
- Provides training and technical support to health systems and key members of their staff, including clinicians, on the implementation of clinical practice guidelines for timely and accurate ADRD detection, diagnosis, disclosure, and care.
- Ensures accurate assessment of a health system’s baseline status and tracking of progress on ADRD-related quality measures.
- Works with other Alzheimer’s Association staff and with health systems on evaluation of systems-based programs and products for ADRD clinical practice improvement.
- Builds a robust stream of referrals from clinical settings to services and programming at the Association.
Knowledge and Skills
The individual will possess the following skills
- Understands relevant aspects of health systems operations, such as quality improvement, person-centered care, access to care, and payment and policy issues.
- Cultivation of productive working relationships with decision-makers in health care organizations.
- Motivating and facilitating groups and individuals.
- Training and group presentation.
- Written and oral communication.
- Program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Strong knowledge and abilities related to health care data and analysis.
- Appropriate and effective use of data to guide decisions.
- Outcome driven.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in health care, health administration, or public health preferred.
- Demonstrates 2 or more years of experience working for or with health systems, or other health care industry experience. Experience in training, quality improvement facilitation, or other health care technical assistance preferred.
- Demonstrates 2 or more years of experience cultivating productive working relationships with decision-makers in client or partner organizations. Experience in account management or consultative sales preferred.
- Normal office environment as well as extended time out of the office engaging elected representatives, legislative and administrative staff, stakeholders, advocates, and coalition partners.
- High volume of public contact.
- Travel by car to attend meetings within MD, DC and VA as required and by air to national meetings.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff and external contacts to build and maintain successful teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize opportunities to expand services.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop staff & volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and electronically to variety of audiences.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse population.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties.
- Ability to operate designated office equipment.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
- Computer workstation
- Fax machine
- Audiovisual equipment
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/she will be required to follow any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential job functions may change when necessary.
Job Reference #: 3532