The Health Systems Account Manager is responsible for developing and managing relationships with health care, long-term care, and community based care systems the 8-county Southeast Florida area. The position’s goal is to achieve the Alzheimer's Association's objectives to improve Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias ((ADRD) diagnosis, disclosure, and care through a consultative and collaborative approach that increases the uptake of effective clinical practices.
This position reports to the Vice President of Programs and can be located in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or West Palm Beach, FL.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Improves access and care through health and care systems
* Develops and cultivates a portfolio of health systems partnerships, with an emphasis on systems with the greatest potential to impact the Association's health systems goals.
* Cultivates productive relationships with key decision makers and champions in health systems.
* Assesses a health system’s readiness, capacity, needs, and interests and uses this assessment to guide products and solutions to offer.
* Provides training and technical support to health systems and key members of their staff, including clinicians, on the implementation of clinical practice guidelines for timely and accurate ADRD detection, diagnosis, disclosure, and care.
* Ensures accurate assessment of a health system’s baseline status and tracking of progress on ADRD-related quality measures.
* Works with other Alzheimer’s Association staff and with health systems on evaluation of systems-based programs and products for ADRD clinical practice improvement.
* Builds a robust stream of referrals from clinical settings to services and programming at the Association.
* Prepare recommendations for chapter leadership for B2B strategies and tactics.
* Cultivate and recruit supporters for chapter fundraising events like Walk to End Alzheimer's and Longest Day.
* Maintain monthly reports, service statistics and grant-related paperwork.
* Attend chapter meetings and special events as scheduled.
* Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in health care, health administration, or public health preferred.
* Demonstrates 2 or more years of experience working for or with health systems, or other health care industry experience. Experience in training, quality improvement facilitation, or technical assistance preferred.
* Demonstrates 2 or more years of experience cultivating productive working relationships with decision-makers in client or partner organizations. Experience in account management, consultative sales, or preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to engage with culturally diverse clients
* Must possess valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle
* Ability and willingness to travel by car up to 70% throughout chapter area
* Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25lbs of materials for meetings as needed
* Ability to work with volunteers, staff, and external contacts to build and maintain relationships.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
* Ability to analyze information and make timely and appropriate decisions
* Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
* Ability to communicate with clients and department staff in person and on the telephone
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
* Ability to be organized and accurate
* Ability to operate office machines
* Strong understanding of relevant aspects of health care, long-term care, and community based care systems operations, such as quality improvement, person-centered care, access to care, and payment and policy issues.
* Demonstrated success cultivating productive working relationships with decision-makers in health and care organizations.
* Demonstrated success with business-to-business (B2B) sales or marketing
* Strong understanding of and success with moves management strategies and systems.
* Demonstrated success with training and group presentation.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
* Strong knowledge and abilities related to health care data and analysis.