Health Systems Account Manager
Job Title: Health Systems Account Manager
Location: Dayton, OH
Work Hours: Full-time (based on a 37.5 hour work week)
Reports To: Health Systems Director
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Health Systems Account Manager will advance the Alzheimer’s Association’s objectives to improving dementia-related services within health systems through a consultative, collaborative and relationship management approach with area health systems. They will be focused on building new relationships within health systems at multiple levels and identifing key individuals to receive in-depth consultation from Health System Director. This position will cultivate the key relationships, complete appropriate discovery, and work with and under the direction of Health System Director to advance system level goals.
This position requires a self-starter who can develop new relationships and initiatives based on the level and interest of the health system. They will work primarily within the areas served by the Miami Valley and Greater Cincinnati Chapters, with technical assistance provided as needed in other chapters throughout the region.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages a portfolio of health systems partnerships, with an emphasis on systems with the greatest potential to impact the Association's health systems goals.
- Cultivates productive relationships with key decision makers and champions in health systems and responsible for partner meeting set-up for Health System Director engagement.
- Participates in planning and executing collaborative action plans and partner stewardship, in partnership with the Health Systems Director.
- Mobilizes internal account team to coordinate efforts to achieve identified priority goals.
- Collaborates with other key departments to ensure cross promotion and support of organizational goals and/or messages.
- Builds a robust stream of referrals from health system to Alzheimer’s Association.
- Ability to cultivate productive working relationships in health care organizations
- Experience motivating and facilitating groups and individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to drive outcomes
- Experience with program planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Familiarity and understanding of health systems/healthcare data and analysis to appropriately and effectively use data to guide decisions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ progressive, professional experience working for or with health systems; other health care industry experience may be considered.
- Minimum 2 years’ progressive, professional experience cultivating productive working relationships with decision-makers in client or partner organizations; experience in account management or consultative sales preferred.
- Experience in training, quality improvement facilitation, or technical assistance preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%. Travel, in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community to fulfill the job goals. While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, good driving record, and proof of insurance.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the job.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, and transport up to 20lbs of materials.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.