The Accounting Manager - Grants will lead the continued growth and development of our grants management efforts in support of our programmatic mission. The position will put into place the procedures to facilitate managing grants of the coverage area (primarily Hudson Valley and New York City).
* Prioritizes effectively to keep multiple projects moving, allowing for ample review and iteration, and meeting competing deadlines.
* Remains up to date on strategic priorities and programs to identify relevant opportunities and position grants effectively.
* Ensures tracking, completion of, and compliance with all grant acknowledgement, reporting, and renewal requirements.
* Ensures compliance with Home Office grants management policies and procedures.
* Evaluates the efficacy of grant efforts by tracking and monitoring time spent, inquiries, submissions, feedback, and responses.
* Links reimbursement reports to the revenues and expenses in the accounting system
* Ensures grants management system is up to date.
* Works with chapter staff to ensure reimbursement reports are completed correctly and accurately
* Prepares required financial reimbursement reports for State grants in a timely manner
* Assists in developing and implementing procedures to ensure proper grant coding and recording
* Monitors monthly fiscal activity on the grant against budget restrictions
* Serves as local expert on best practices and industry trends in grant making and grant management.
* Works with Association staff throughout New York State (primarily Hudson Valley and New York City), grant agencies, such as the NYS Department of Health to ensure exemplary grant management.
* Handles grant reconciliations.
* Prepares monthly journal entries.
* Provides support with the compilation of the annual operating budget.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting preferred or equivalent work experience in Non-Profit Public Accounting or business management and or two or more years of relevant professional experience.
* Knowledge of public accounting principles, including the cost principles of related OMB Circulars(CFRs) for Non-Profit Institutions
* Bookkeeping experience preferable
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience in financial management
* Experience in strategic budget development and financial operations
* Demonstrated experience with managing complex government grants including vouchering and grants management and reporting.
* Demonstrated experience with managing complex grant proposals and reports including setting priorities and deadlines, facilitating meetings, delegating responsibilities, and compiling, reviewing, editing, and disseminating information.
* Impeccable writing abilities necessary to translate our mission and programs into compelling narratives.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including experience developing relationships with various stakeholders, collaborating in a diverse and dynamic team environment, and motivating and inspiring others to action.
* Ability to handle stressful, complicated, and confidential situations calmly and resolve issues appropriately.
* Resourcefulness and creativity in proposing ideas, soliciting feedback, and gaining buy-in from others.
* Analytical and evaluative skills to effectively interpret and use information to support decision making.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps Suite, and working with data and large quantities of information. Experience working in accounting software, knowledge of SAGE500 Accounting Software preferred
* Ability to be a strong team member, including taking action to promote a positive team climate, taking responsibility to contribute to the success of the team and being flexible about working on team tasks
* Must have a clean NYS driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and availability to travel on occasion throughout coverage area.