Family Care Specialist
Under the direction of the Regional Director, the Family Care Specialist is responsible for strategy and implementation of the Association’s core programs and services throughout Fresno. Merced and Madera Counties; and to build collaborative relationships with other community health and social service organizations. The Family Care Specialist is responsible for the delivery of Helpline services. This position is responsible for developing a volunteer structure to recruit, train and deploy volunteers to deliver core programs in the community.
This is a full-time position, located in Fresno, California, and reports to the Regional Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Community Outreach, Public Awareness & Education Programs
* Implement the Chapter’s volunteer strategy for increase reach through our education and support core programs.
* Secure and promote educational programs on Alzheimer’s and related disorders to family caregivers, community groups and organizations.
* Ensure diverse communities are reached within the service area.
* Identify opportunities to collaborate and further develop relationships with community providers to promote awareness of the Alzheimer’s Association and our programs and services.
* Develop relationships with health care providers to promote Alzheimer’s Association Connect Referrals and other strategies.
* Provide leadership to the Caregiver Conference Planning Committee Meeting, executing all required tasks as a partner.
* Ensure success of the Alzheimer’s Association strategic plan and key performance indicators, meeting required metrics, reviewed annually.
* Represent the Chapter at local events and programs providing education and information as needed.
* Conduct media interviews to promote Alzheimer’s disease awareness and programs and services.
* Attend coalition meetings in the community when necessary.
* Prepare monthly e-newsletter to be distributed to constituents, working closely with the Communications team.
Helpline and Family Services
* As a member of the Chapter Helpline Team, provide support to Helpline by providing one day of coverage each week, including providing care consultation and occasional support to walk-in constituents.
* Follow all Helpline standards, including crisis support and documentation guidelines.
* All Helpline contacts must be entered into the Chapter constituent relationship management database by end of the business day.
Volunteer Development and Coordination
* Promote volunteer opportunities through Volunteer Match and other volunteer outlets in the community, for full engagement in the regional office service area.
* Recruit volunteers to support community outreach efforts, education programs, media interviews, State Advocacy Day and support groups, especially among minority, high risk and underserved communities. Assist with staffing when needed.
* Assist volunteers with on-boarding process including, screening, orientation, training and placement utilizing the Program Volunteer Community.
* Provide direct support to volunteers. Offer direction, guidance and coaching to ensure they are successful in their volunteer role.
* Work hand in hand with the Volunteer Engagement Manager to ensure regional office volunteer information is current and accurate in the Program Volunteer Community Database.
* Support Regional Office volunteer recruitment and recognition events.
Regional Office Support
* Respond to a wide range of incoming calls, walk-ins and emails; provide accurate and timely information or direct inquiry to the appropriate staff.
* Forward invoices and donations to Chapter office; Process team and participant funds that are turned into the office; make bank deposits when required.
* Oversee facility operations and maintenance of office equipment.
* Maintain inventory of office supplies; order new supplies and make purchases as needed.
* Process team and participant funds that are turned into the office
* Promote teams for the Longest Day and Walk and help to recruit volunteers for Committees and event days.
* Support Walk to End Alzheimer’ and The Longest Day on event days
CULTURE OF COLLABORATION
* Fully engage in a culture where team collaboration is highly valued
* Work as a team to accomplish, if not exceed, organizational goals in the National Strategic Plan
* Participate in Walk to End Alzheimer’s® staff team and personal fundraising goals, and The Longest Day® signature event
* Attend at least two Walk to End Alzheimer’s events®
* Respond to public policy calls to action & participate in advocacy days
* Enhance our culture of diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the job
* Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred in gerontology, social work, public health or related subject.
* Experience with Alzheimer’s disease, caregiving or aging issues.
* Bilingual-Bi-literate preferred (Spanish).
* Familiar with community services, dementia services, care-giving issues, difficult behaviors, latest research, and the role of education, public policy, and technology in the future of dementia care
* Care management and case documentation skills: ability to evaluate, care plan, refer to resources, monitor and terminate cases
* Ability to respond to emotional concerns of family members.
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
* A minimum of 2 years of office administration experience required.
* Excellent verbal, written, communication skills.
* Ability to work professionally and demonstrate excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
* Well organized and detail oriented with consistent and timely follow through.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
* Strong public speaking skills with the ability to speak to diverse audiences.
* Familiarity with related community services and agencies.
* Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and prior experience with CRM and volunteer databases, and ability to rapidly learn new software
* Ability and willingness to travel by car within the assigned territory. Occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, and good driving record.
* Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job.
* Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs. of materials.
Job Reference #: 3718