Family Care Consultant - Central Arizona
As part of the Central Arizona Program Team, provide case management and other services for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and their families, in keeping with the Desert Southwest Chapter’s vision, mission, and goals. Provide community outreach, education and supportive services. The position involves significant teamwork and collaborative efforts with staff, volunteers, and aging/social services organizations, throughout Central Arizona.
This is a full-time exempt position located in Phoenix, Arizona and reports to the Northern Arizona Regional Director.
Essential Job Functions
* Provide individualized assessment, crisis intervention, care planning, coaching and on-going case management services for individuals and families affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Provide services through home visits, office visits, telephone and e-mail. Educate families to make informed decision and serve as an advocate. Coordinate the provision of direct service vouchers to eligible families as appropriate.
* Develop, provide and coordinate education sessions as assigned. Develop new and/or utilize existing curriculum and presentation materials, conduct outreach for sessions, and coordinate logistics as needed.
* As part of the Central Arizona Region program team, support all core programs and services, including Helpline, Education, Support Groups, Early Stage, and Safe Return. Tasks may include, but are not limited to: responding to Helpline calls, facilitating group sessions, providing clinical assistance to Support Group leaders, and registering individuals for Safe Return.
* Conduct outreach to increase awareness about Alzheimer’s and to enhance access to services and resources, particularly for multicultural, rural and other underserved communities. Prepare and disseminate flyers and information sheets. Develop and maintain effective relationships within the community aging network.
* Serve as team leader for program development, outreach and service provision for specific populations and/or geographic communities as assigned. Develop and support related volunteer initiatives.
* Maintain accurate case records and service reports in accordance with the procedures of the Chapter and funding entities, including computer data input and report compilation.
* Actively participate in Regional and Chapter volunteer leadership and staff meetings as assigned.
* Maintain an organizational climate that attracts, motivates, supports and retains high quality staff and volunteers who are committed to providing supportive services to families. Support volunteer recruitment efforts and provide supervision and training for assigned volunteers as needed.
* Serve as a member of the Central Arizona Region team, participating in the development of program plans and coordinating with other members.
* Master’s level social service professional with dementia-specific experience preferred. Minimum of a Master degree in social work or a related field with at least three years of related experience.
* Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to prepare concise reports and provide oral presentations. Computer literacy required.
* Effective interpersonal skills and ability to encourage teamwork. Multi-cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively with diverse community members. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
* Strong organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
* Reliable transportation and ability to travel by car within region, and occasionally by air. This position requires a DMV Check.
The Alzheimer’s Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Job Reference #: 2701