Faith Outreach Coordinator - Remote, Part-time
At the Alzheimer's Association we are the brains behind saving yours. Many of us who work for the Alzheimer's Association have some connection with Alzheimer's disease or another form of dementia. It's what drives us to make the extra effort in the daunting task of modifying a disease that currently has no cure. With 78 million baby boomers entering the age of greatest risk for Alzheimer's, we need passionate, hardworking people committed to helping the Association meet the increasing demand for care and support and fund vital Alzheimer's research.
Why join us? We have been recognized as a Best Nonprofit to Work For by the Nonprofit Times seven consecutive years.
The Faith Outreach Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating the Faith Outreach Initiative program for the Alzheimer’s Association Greater Missouri Chapter’s southern Missouri service territory, covering 41 counties. The position goal is to significantly expand the reach of the Alzheimer’s Association Community Programs.
Measurable outcomes are increased consumer education and referrals to Chapter services, expansion of community-based support programs and sustainable partnerships with emphasis on reaching minority, high risk and underserved populations.
This is a remote position, part-time 30 hours per week, preferably located in Greene, Jasper, Cape Girardeau, New Madrid or surrounding counties. Other locations in the southern portion of Missouri will be considered.
Faith Initiatives (70%)
- Increase number of families served through faith communities by 15 percent in 3 years, with special attention among populations with historically low involvement throughout the Chapter’s southern Missouri territory
- Following the Community Development Model, expand community programs and increase referrals to the 24/7 Helpline through community volunteers and partnerships with faith-based communities
- Host Faith Leader workshops with key community partners to expand awareness of Alzheimer’s and engage new partnerships.
- In partnership with the Volunteer Services team, recruit, train and manage faith outreach volunteers, ensuring high quality program delivery, well-trained and highly engaged volunteers throughout the Chapter’s southern Missouri territory
- Train volunteers and ensure successful completion of 90-day onboarding process.
- Engage and manage relationships with volunteers. Conduct 25 percent volunteer Mission Conversations.
Community Outreach (25%)
- Increase minority and underserved 24/7 Helpline users.
- Support the Diversity & Inclusion efforts as they relate to faith outreach, increasing the number of faith outreach partners serving minority and underserved communities.
- Increase unduplicated service users for education, support groups and early stage programs by 15 percent.
- In collaboration with Community Programs team members, identify and cultivate relationships with faith-based communities to host Association programs.
- Assist the Community Programs team with covering education requests, health fairs and other community events in the Chapter’s southern Missouri service area
- Cultivate and recruit supporters for chapter fundraising events and generate leads for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s and The Longest Day
- Work 3 Walk to End Alzheimer’s events per year.
- Attend chapter meetings and special events as scheduled.
- Bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies, Social Work, Gerontology, Nursing, Public Health or Education preferred.
- 2 years program delivery, volunteer experience, sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated history of strong public speaking skills and an understanding of adult learning principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Google; ability to learn service user software.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating volunteers with experience in recruitment, training, engagement, supervision and evaluation of volunteers.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse populations and faiths, volunteers, staff and external contacts.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to plan and coordinate programs.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds is required.
- Travel by car to attend meetings and events within territory. A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance are required.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2865