Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Greater MO Chapter-St. Louis, MO
Work Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours per week
Reports To: Executive Director
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Executive Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the Region 6 Director/Greater MO Chapter President, the Chief Operations Officer/VP of Development and the board. These responsibilities include chapter activities, Board member communication and confidential executive and fund development matters. Additional responsibilities include administrative support to the Region and the Chapter as needed.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Regional Leader/Chapter President by maintaining and planning schedules, organizing meetings, completing correspondence, organizing conference calls and seminars, managing requested projects, making travel arrangements and completing expense reports.
- Plan and execute logistics and complete timely meeting materials for the Region.
- Plan and execute logistics and complete timely meeting materials for the Board of Directors’:
- New Member Orientations
- Annual Board Retreat
- Board Committee Meetings
- Board Engagement Annual Meetings
- Plan and execute logistics and complete timely meeting materials for the Staff:
- Monthly Meetings
- Senior Staff Meetings
- Annual Retreat
- Task forces, advisory councils and other committees as needed
- Attend Board of Director’s meetings and take meeting minutes
- Serve as back-up for Office Manager
- Provide general administrative support as needed
- 3-5 years Executive Assistance experience
- Four-year college degree
EQUIPMENT / SOFTWARE:
The Executive Assistant will be expected to be proficient with most office equipment and software including donor data.
- Strong project and people management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks
- Pleasant, cooperative personality
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing, plus Caregiver Leave.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.