Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The primary responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to provide the Regional Leader of the Greater Missouri chapter with administrative and Board of Directors support. The position performs significant teamwork and collaboration with staff, volunteers, and community members within a level of independent judgement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support the Office of the Regional Leader and President by coordination of all board committee logistics, correspondences and administrative functions as needed.
* Anticipates needs and manages all aspects of the Regional Leader’s schedule to coordinate calendars and meetings (including travel and accommodations) with chapter staff, constituents and volunteer leadership.
* Act as a liaison with the Board of Directors to schedule, organize and track meetings; prepare agendas, discussion materials, and succinct minutes, attend quarterly meetings; and conduct timely, professional follow-up to fulfill action items.
* Execute administrative tasks related to information management; preparation and edification of correspondences, reports and presentations; and, expense reports with efficiency and confidentiality.
* Plan and execute scheduling and logistics of staff meetings (chapter and regional level), annual retreat, task forces, advisory councils and other committees as needed.
* Liaise with internal staff at all levels to ensure chapter information is shared transparently between the Regional Leader’s office and departments.
* Manage special projects assigned to Regional Leader and support other projects as request by members of the chapter’s senior leadership team.
* Serve as secondary back-up for Office Manager and Administrative Assistant
* Provide general project coordination or general administrative support as needed
* Support and participate in Association events as required
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Minimum Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years related experience.
* High degree of confidence, integrity, confidentiality and initiative.
* Ability to plan and prioritize assignments within responsibilities of the position.
* Ability to manage projects independently and report outcomes effectively.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent written, oral, organizational and communications skills
* Ability to work independently; must be self-motivated
* Willingness to work on evenings and weekends if necessary
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license and insurance