JOB SUMMARY Provides advanced, diverse and confidential executive level administrative support to the Area Leader (AL) primarily and provides operations management support for the Regional Leader (RL) secondarily. Coordinates activities and develops strong relationships with other departments and team leads to ensure the office of the Area Leader runs efficiently. Serves as a liaison with others inside and outside the organization on administrative matters. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: operations coordination support, records management, travel & expense management, meeting management, general document preparation, calendar management, general correspondence, and special projects.
* Provides support and management for the successful execution of Area/Regional operations activities. Serves as the Area champion for implementing optimally efficient operations, driving process optimization and continuous compliance of processes implemented.
* Serves as a conduit between Area and Home office; develops strong relationships with home office partners (volunteer support, training & development, finance, IT, procurement, real estate, facilities, legal, contract management, human resources) to identify, implement, support and track best practices. Manages projects related to the Area/Region.
* Partners with home office associates to meet information requests, reports issues and leads steps toward resolution for items that impact the overall Area; acts as a liaison and represents the Area office with other departments, home office leadership and volunteer leadership groups providing the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism.
* Assists with the coordination of budget activities in partnership with Finance and Accounting.
* Ensures the AL/RL receives standard reports. Pulls reports as requested by the AL/RL, reviews reports as needed, and follows up on data quality or content concerns; compiles and summarizes data to meet AL/RL specific needs. Manages department specific data (i.e., PTO tracking, etc.). Monitors progress against chapter goals; ensures the business implications of data is understood and acted upon as appropriate
* Oversees the completion of special projects as assigned by the AL/RL and participates on project teams as needed.
* Manages long and short term calendars for the AL/RL scheduling meetings, conferences, and teleconferences and coordinating schedules with other participants.
* Provides travel management support through Concur (including serving as "travel arranger" for internal and external constituents - a.k.a. "Guest Traveler"), works with the home office Travel department as needed.
* Provides meeting management support by coordinating meeting logistics for internal and external meetings, ensures all resources are prepared for meetings (room, AV, presenters, agenda, materials, etc.)
* Serves as back up user in local office on Personify ensuring data is entered in accordance with company standards.
* Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* 3-5 years progressive experience supporting an executive, preferably in a non-profit setting
* Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications and database management.
* Experience with booking travel and automated expense management systems like Concur.
* Actively demonstrates company-wide mindsets of integrity, collaboration, and stewardship.
* Typing speed of 50 words per minute, excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to make sound administrative decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
* Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner.
* Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
* Ability to lift 30 lbs.
* Ability to work successfully in a diverse team environment and cultivate relationships in a diverse population of community leaders and volunteers.
* Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management, and meeting coordination.
* Ability and willingness to engage in local, same day travel. Occasional overnight travel may also be required. Must possess access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3460