Executive Assistant & Development Coordinator
The Executive Assistant/Development Coordinator provides high level, efficient and accurate administrative support to the Executive Director, Director of Development and the Director of Marketing and Public Relations. This individual will oversee general office operations. He/she is also responsible for managing a high quality donor services program and providing logistical assistance for designated chapter events and corporate engagement.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist Executive Director and Director of Development with Board of Director, committee and other meeting (including teleconference) scheduling and logistics. Maintain committee rosters and assist with correspondence.
- Schedule other meetings and assist with the management of key relationships.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Director of Development and Director of Marketing and Public Relations. Prepare documents and reports for distribution and filing and maintain tracking tools as needed.
- Manage special projects as requested.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, train, support and identify tasks for reception/office coverage during business hours. In the absence of a volunteer, serve as the primary point of contact for incoming callers and visitors and provide information and support as needed.
- Interact in a highly professional manner with families, donors, volunteers, vendors and the Board of Directors
- In accordance with Association policy, open (with a second person) and distribute daily mail.
- Sort donations by type. Create and submit scans to home office processing center (HUB).
- Take cash deposits to bank as needed.
- Prepare invoices for payment and forward as directed for further processing. Complete Recurring Payment Requests for rent, copiers, etc and Payment Request Forms for other payments as needed.
- Develop and maintain office operations systems and procedures. Update organizational policies as needed.
- Maintain, distribute, collect and inventory office keys.
- Oversee day-to-day office functions including the ordering and tracking of office supplies and inventory.
- Maintain office equipment, including phone system, computers/server, photocopiers, fax and postage machine and serve as the liaison to vendors/maintenance companies as needed.
- Coordinate document storage, shredding and destruction as needed.
- Serve as the liaison for the Home Office IT staff and provide basic IT support to chapter staff as needed.
- Serve as the liaison with facility management vendor including, but not limited to, the landlord and cleaning service.
- Work with the home office management/HR team and Helpdesk to coordinate the onboarding of new staff including the set-up of workstations, phones and computers and issuing keys and supplies.
- Maintain staff contact lists. Assist with maintenance of individual and organizational staff calendars.
- Prepare and distribute staff meeting agendas as requested. Assist with Association meeting preparation including coordination of catering or refreshments as needed.
- Notify Director of Development and/or Executive Director of noteworthy gifts.
- Assist with communications to service recipients, donors, volunteers, vendors and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that all matching gifts are confirmed.
- Maintain the necessary fluency in our Convio and Team Approach.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all the revenue types, their codes, and how they’re processed (including acknowledgements) at our Chapter, Home Office, and/or third-party vendors (Diamond).
- Serve as the main point of contact for Chapter staff, Home Office staff, and third-party vendors regarding inquires related to Donor Services operations.
- Serve as the main point of contact for donor inquiries.
- Assist with managing event logistics including, but not limited to, coordinating/assisting with registration, completing and tracking event contracts, permits, insurance certificates and/or site specific requirements and developing/maintaining tracking tools/Excel spreadsheets.
- Work with Development Director and Account Management Teams to update and maintain Corporate Tracking Tool and assist with Corporate Engagement Activities.
- Work with Development Director to track Corporate Partner agreements and ensure that our commitments are met.
- Support, set-up and participate in Association events, as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (may be substituted with an Associate’s Degree and 5 years relevant experience).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in operations or administration.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to strategically analyze information and create/enhance systems and protocols in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to coach/manager volunteers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.Experience with other software programs (Convio, Team Approach, Personify) preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Solid work ethic, attention to detail, and strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Absolute commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally, and to a lesser extent, nationally as needed, to perform job duties.
- NYS driver’s license, proof of insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.