- Responsible for achieving revenue and expense targets for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s and RivALZ events for the Chapter, including meeting fundraising goals set forth in the annual budget.
- Using Alzheimer’s Association best practices, standards and guidelines, develop comprehensive event plans that include budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, marketing/PR and logistics.
- Cultivate community relationships in order to recruit high-level volunteer event leadership, garner community support and engage corporate sponsors.
- Recruit, train, coach and develop leadership volunteers.
- Prospect, cultivate and steward event teams, sponsors and participants to achieve development goals.
- Conduct outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission and services to a variety of stakeholders, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Manage the Walk and RivALZ websites and all related setup, reports and information.
- Ensure timely and efficient processing of event donations and program statistics including outputs, outcomes, and collaborations/partnerships.
- Contribute to a work environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and cooperation between volunteers, participants, sponsors, and staff.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered
- A minimum of three years of experience in fundraising and development
- A minimum of three years of experience in volunteer management, recruitment and retention
- Ability to independently multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with little supervision
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide educational and informational presentations
- Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database entry and management. Experience using Luminate (Blackbaud) fundraising tools a plus
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with community and coworkers
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel frequently throughout the territory
- Access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Job Reference #: 2756