This position provides assistance and support in the planning and implementation of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s and all other fundraising programs in conjunction with the Development Department and its overall goals. This position is part-time and reports to the Senior Director of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s. This role will be based in Marquette, MI.
- Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Use current connections and develop new connections to support the Association
- Assist with Walk planning committee and logistics
- Assist with staffing expo tables and events
- Recruit teams for Walk to End Alzheimer’s and the Longest Day
- Assist with procuring sponsorships
- Assist with Walk to End Alzheimer’s wrap around events including potential Research Night and Community Engagement Breakfast
- Attend networking events and groups on behalf of Association
- Assist with securing media partnerships and marketing opportunities
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent work experience and education may be considered.
- 2-3 years’ fundraising experience
- Some experience in the non-profit field is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills to communicate with and work effectively with volunteers, staff and external contacts
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications
- Experience with Luminate Online preferred
- Experience with Google Suite preferred
- Commitment to a professional code of ethics
- Strong analytical skills to independently assess needs and identify solutions and troubleshoot
- Ability to lift, carry and transport materials up to 30 lbs
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, proof of insurance and clean driving record
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for the job
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory
Location: Marquette, MI
Part time: 15 hours/week
Reports To: Sr. Development Director
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to