The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
This position is responsible for delivering quality dementia care education, as well as implementing and managing the chapter’s volunteer-powered education program strategy with the purpose of expanding quality programs and increasing utilization of programs and services throughout 8 counties. Classes are designed to reach diverse audiences, including professionals, family care partners, and volunteers, and cover a wide variety of topics to meet varying community needs, such as awareness, early detection, and caregiving approaches. This position reports to the Director of Education and Training, and is based in Amherst, NY.
Essential Job Functions
- Delivers quality and engaging education and training programs for various audiences.
- Manages volunteer-led community education programs, including recruitment, training, engagement, supervision, and evaluation of volunteers.
- Coordinates class requests and volunteer assignments, and performs relevant administrative duties.
- Collects data, prepares reports and compiles evaluations for supervisor.
- Ensures education program delivery is in compliance with Chapter and National Standards, Strategic Plan, and Common Program Plan Initiatives.
- Meets regularly with community educators, community representatives, supervisor and program staff to plan and implement programming based on community feedback and chapter goals.
- Collaborates with outreach staff to cultivate relationships with chapter’s diverse constituents and ensure that their interests and needs are welcomed and fully considered in education programs. Priority populations include but are not limited to: African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, LGBTQ, geographically isolated, faith-based communities, and healthcare providers.
- Works with chapter staff to identify and launch strategic community partnerships.
- Represents the chapter at relevant community functions and in the media as needed.
- Advises supervisor of potential enhancements or necessary changes to programs.
- Delivers care consultation services for constituents within the Chapter region.
- Assists in various capacities with the delivery of all programs including: Information and Referral, Care Consultation, Support Groups, Early Stage, Respite, TrialMatch and Safety programs throughout the service area.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree and 2 years of experience.
- Experience in community-based health education, social work, public speaking, outreach, volunteer management, or dementia required.
- Ability to travel by car throughout the entire eight county area of Western New York, with occasional out-of-area travel.
- Works effectively in a team environment, with staff, volunteers, and community contacts.
- Self-directed; comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work flexible time, including nights and weekends.
- Strong communication skills in person, print, and electronically
- Ability to learn data tracking software and make data driven decisions
Job Reference #: 3889