Education And Outreach Director
This position is responsible for developing, managing and implementing an education and outreach strategy for the Alzheimer’s Association, Connecticut Chapter throughout the Southwestern region of the state . The position goal is to significantly expand the reach of volunteer - delivered Alzheimer's Association Community Programs through community engagement and mobilization
Measureable outcomes are to increase unduplicated consumer education and referrals to Chapter services, expansion of community-based support programs through volunteerism, community engagement and health care system partnerships
- Demonstrated success managing volunteer-led community programs with experience in recruitment, training, engagement, supervision and evaluation of volunteers.
- Demonstrated success building strong partnerships and increasing services to communities that have had low participation.
- Demonstrated success as an Alzheimer’s educator for consumer and professional audiences with solid knowledge of dementia, dementia-related resources, constituent needs and best practices.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse populations, volunteers, staff, and external contacts to build and maintain successful teams.
- Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to variable audiences.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and/or analyze growth opportunities and make programmatic recommendations to Chapter leadership.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to coach and develop volunteer talents.
- Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
- Increase delivery of Common Program Plan with special attention to increasing participation among populations that typically have low involvement.
- Oversee Alzheimer’s Association Community Educator Alzheimer’s Association Community Representatives and the Community Volunteer Leaders to assure expansion of quality programs.
- Directly presents education programs in community, often with volunteer educators
- Engages, trains and manages relationships with volunteer positions to expand community visibility and service delivery, especially among minority, high risk and underserved populations.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of volunteer positions for Community Educators and Community Representatives.
- Representative at community events
- Leads and conducts Community Forums throughout different communities in order to develop an informed and individualized plan for service delivery. And Volunteer Recruitment strategy.
- Develop new, sustainable partnerships with community influencers, health care systems and volunteer supporters in order to increase referrals to association services with an emphasis on physician referrals
- Build referral partnerships with social service agencies, service providers and congregations to identify prospective volunteers from rural and underserved communities.
- Analyze service data to identify gaps in delivery to rural and underserved communities and create opportunities to expand education and support programs.
General chapter responsibilities
- Assure program with program evaluation for education programs.
- Cultivate and recruit supporters for chapter fundraising events like Walk to End Alzheimer's and Longest Day. Generate leads for Development team.
- Maintain monthly reports, service statistics and grant-related paperwork.
- Attend chapter meetings and special events as scheduled.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Gerontology, Nursing, Public Health, or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Experience: Two years' program development / volunteer management /dementia experience
- Demonstrated history of health education, community program development, strong public speaking skills and an understanding of adult learning principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel) and Google; ability to learn donor and service user software
- Office located in Norwalk; services provided throughout Southwest region of CT
- Position operates in a flexible work environment and requires travel throughout Southwestern region of CT and flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet community needs
- Position utilizes laptop, LCD projectors and cell phone
- Ability to carry up to 25 lbs of equipment and supplies