This position is responsible for the implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer’s®-Nashville, to meet or exceed goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development.
Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the fastest-growing walk program in the country, ranking as the third-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States. The Nashville event is a $1 Million dollar plus event and is ranked in the Top 30 walks for the Alzheimer’s Association.
Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing Walk-brand awareness and visibility in the community. Based in Nashville, TN this position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s - Nashville, TN
- Responsible for high level volunteer recruitment, training, coaching, and management resulting in the attainment of revenue and team goals.
- Build relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporate partners.
- Responsible for overall Walk to End Alzheimer’s volunteer committee development, team recruitment and retention strategies, budget, timeline, marketing/PR, logistics and best practice implementation.
- Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Walk to End Alzheimer’s teams, sponsors, and walkers to achieve development goals.
- Execute plan for maximizing team participation to achieve revenue goals by retaining existing teams, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community and by providing fundraising guidance and support.
- Maintain year-round relationships with key corporate sponsors and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
- Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Ensure Walk to End Alzheimer’s standards are being followed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals
- Preferred peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent sales background
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals. While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software
Director, Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Location: Nashville, TN
Work Hours: Full-time
Reports To: Regional Leader
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full - time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.