TITLE: Director of Walk
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Walk
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: Tampa, Florida
WHO WE ARE
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last ten years in a row.
This position is responsible for the implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer’s® events to meet or exceed goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development. Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the fastest-growing walk program in the country, ranking as the third-largest peer-to-peer fundraising event in the United States. Measurable outcomes for this position include achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing Walk-brand awareness and visibility in the community
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate all aspects of the Alzheimer’s Association’s signature event, the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Tampa, FL.
- Responsible for the recruitment and cultivation of Walk teams and participants.
- Recruit, motivate and assist team captains and their team members for Walk to End Alzheimer’s events.
- Track, grow, and build constituents to reach their team and individual goals, including tracking and reaching overall sponsor, team, and participation goals.
- Working in collaboration with the Sr. Director of Walk and Leadership Management, serve as a liaison to businesses, organizations, and/or individuals who sponsor the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to support all aspects of assigned fundraising events.
- Schedule planning meetings including preparing agendas, meeting minutes and holding volunteers accountable of all assigned fundraising events.
- Use various contact means (phone, email, in person, social media) to promote the Walks and other events.
- Work with staff and volunteers to identify and cultivate new sources of funding and in-kind contributions from businesses, foundations and community organizations.
- Cultivate opportunities to present the Florida Gulf Coast Chapter and Alzheimer’s Association mission to include media partnerships, civic and business organizations, and community networks.
- Monitor goals and budget for each Walk.
- Assist volunteers, speakers, sponsors, constituents and other attendees on the day of the events.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and maturity; quick learner.
- Confident and goal oriented self-starter who can maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to ask for donations, sponsorships and team participation.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within our service area.
- Trustworthy to handle donations in the form of cash, check, credit card or in-kind.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people including family caregivers, volunteers, public officials and people of high prominence in the community.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. of materials.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.