Director, Walk To End Alzheimer's (Traveling)
As a Traveling Director for the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s®, you’ll put your sales and relationship management skills to work, fundraising in the peer to peer space, creating inspiring experiences for event participants and forging strategic connections with community leaders.
You’ll see new places and meet new people, coaching impassioned volunteers and unstoppable corporate partners. You’ll join forces with a best-in-class organization, leaving your mark on the world’s largest fundraiser for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
In this new and unique contract position that runs through December, you’ll spend four days per week working with Alzheimer’s Association chapters in select markets, with the remainder of your time spent working remotely from home.
This role is right for you if:
- You’re ready to shake things up from the usual corporate jobs and have a lasting impact on millions of families facing Alzheimer’s and other dementia.
- You like to travel and meet new people, engaging them in a meaningful cause.
- You’re a seasoned sales or relationship manager who can quickly understand new communities and build connections.
- You’re energized by working with others to drive revenue through peer-to-peer fundraising events.
- You’re constantly seeing opportunities and are eager to develop corporate relationships.
- You’re driven and highly motivated with a talent for getting others fired up and cheering them on.
- You’re a planner who’s perpetually organized and can’t wait to make an ask.
- You’re the kind of person who knows everyone in your community and collects business contacts throughout the country.
The Alzheimer’s Association will provide you with:
- Extremely competitive compensation.
- Airfare each week to and from your assigned market, hotel accommodation and per diem.
- A comprehensive training program with weekly check-ins to offer support and help you tackle challenges.
- A laptop and Alzheimer’s Association email to help you represent the organization and keep you connected.
What you’ll do:
- Achieve current targets for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in your assigned market.
- Follow and implement our comprehensive development plan for Walk to End Alzheimer’s, including budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, marketing/PR and logistics.
- Rapidly develop community contacts to recruit high-level volunteer leadership on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s planning committee.
- Train, coach and develop Walk volunteers to achieve goals and be successful in their respective roles.
- Prospect, cultivate and steward Walk to End Alzheimer’s teams, sponsors and participants to achieve the revenue goals.
- Ensure Walk volunteer committees are recruited, trained and developed on the National Walk to End Alzheimer’s timeline utilizing best practices, resulting in the attainment of income goals and team goals.
- Work to develop a network of high-level contacts for the chapter and form new corporate alliances and partnerships.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers in a fundraising environment. Previous experience with peer-to-peer fundraising is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community, including corporate partnerships.
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of fundraising events or similar programs. A proven track record with large fundraising events is preferred.
- Ability to sell programs and events to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, donors, constituents and volunteers.
- Diplomacy while managing large numbers of people at different levels of expertise.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and be equitable and inclusive.
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to represent the Association with a professional, outgoing and enthusiastic attitude.
- Comfortable working in a highly matrixed environment.
Physical and technical abilities
- Ability to travel by plane and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and the Google Suite, including Mail, Calendar, Docs and Hangouts.
- Some familiarity with Luminate preferred.
Contract Position Title: (Traveling) Walk to End Alzheimer’s Director
Reports To: VP, Constituent Events
Traveling Director, Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Pay: $60,000 to $65,000/year
Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s</strong></p><p><strong> $60,000 - $65,000</strong></p><p><em>The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: DIREC001443