Director, TLD & Constituent Events
Position Title: Director, The Longest Day & Constituent Events
Reports to: VP of Development
Location: Chicago, IL
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
This position is responsible for leading the overall strategy, planning and implementation of the Illinois Chapter’s Longest Day initiatives as well as all internal Constituent, Athletic & 3rd party events. In addition, this role will manage the Illinois Chapter Junior Board. Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial goals through event fundraising, identifying and soliciting volunteers for leadership roles, providing overall strategy to streamline and maximize revenue potential for all events with management oversight. Based in Chicago, IL or vicinity, this position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory.
Essential DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will provide strategic direction & mentorship to 3 direct reports: Manager, The Longest Day, Manager, Athletic Events, Manager, Constituent/3rd Party events
- Manage the Chapter’s Junior Board: identify new members and cultivate current members into high performing volunteer leaders
- Work to align Chapter internal events with direction of Alzheimer’s Association fundraising initiatives
- Work in conjunction with volunteer chair leadership to execute events
- Cultivate a pipeline of volunteer leadership for succession planning
- Work in conjunction with appropriate Development staff to secure sponsorship revenue for events as well as participants/attendees
- Assure Chapter compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years successful track record in sales & fundraising & event planning
- Successful track record in managing and motivating a team of direct reports with ability to encourage others to maximize potential to achieve organizational goals
- Preferred experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter with proven experience in managing simultaneous projects & events
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability set clear goals, organize projects, establish and manage budgets, develop work processes and supervise professionals
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop donor relationships
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfil the job goals.
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Team Approach/Convio software
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3153