Director, Relationship Events & Corporate Initiatives
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
The Director of Relationship Events and Corporate Initiatives is responsible for the implementation of the Brain Ball Gala and its wrap around event(s) to meet or exceed the budgeted goal of ($1 million ) through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development. This position will be responsible for the Brain Ball Gala event as well as assisting with the growth and management of other corporate development initiatives per the discretion of the Vice President of Development. Measurable outcomes for this position include; driving corporate engagement and revenue growth as identified in the strategic plan. This is a full-time position that reports to the Chapter’s Vice President of Development, and is based in McLean, VA office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for all aspects of the Chapter’s Brain Ball and wrap around event(s)
* Responsible for high level volunteer recruitment, training, coaching, and management resulting in the attainment of revenue and team goals
* Build relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporate partners
* Responsible for managing all financial aspects of the sponsor and donor fulfillment.
* Prospect, cultivate and steward Brain Ball sponsors and donors to achieve development goals through volunteer networks
* Maintain year-round relationships with key corporate sponsors and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities
* Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities
* Manage corporate accounts, including prospecting, securing, developing/upgrading, and stewarding new companies, and providing an exceptional level of service and support to existing corporate partners.
* Responsible for being the Chapter’s principal relationship manager within corporate giving programs and engage other Chapter leadership, staff or volunteers when appropriate
* Plan and execute strategy to increase financial commitment and corporate engagement via employee activation, workplace giving and foundation support and serving as primary staff person with Home Office priority account coordination
* Identify, build and steward relationships with community, civic and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor prospect development and engagement in Alzheimer’s Association activities
* Ensure Alzheimer Association’s standards are being followed
* Responsible for other duties as assigned
* Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement
* Detailed oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
* Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
* Adaptive and flexible with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands
* Ability to take initiative, and to work independently as well as in a team
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 5 years of proven experience in corporate fundraising and relationship building, recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals
* Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
* 5 years of experience with account portfolio management experience, including a track record of sales in relationship-selling environment
* 5 years of experience in Galas/Dinners special events required with proven success in, special event fundraising or related activities; strong volunteer management experience essential
* Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Job Reference #: 3614