Director, Product & Innovation - Health Systems & Long Term Care
JOB TITLE: Director, Product & Innovation - Health Systems & Long Term Care
REPORTS TO: Chief Mission Engagement Officer
LOCATION: Chicago, IL or U.S. based remote
STATUS: Full time, Exempt
The Director, Product & Innovation will report to the Chief Mission Engagement Officer and, as part of the new Mission Engagement team, will create, launch and grow products to enhance and expand delivery of the mission of the Alzheimer's Association through a focus on health systems and long-term care. Working closely with teams and subject matter experts across the organization including Health Systems, Programs, Corporate Initiatives and Marketing, this role will oversee a portfolio of products and identify innovation opportunities to increase reach of the Association and access to quality care for constituents.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the development and launch of products that increase reach and access through business to business channels including health systems, long-term care providers and community-based providers and organizations.
- Create new product offerings that increase access to quality care leveraging assets such as practice guidelines and data to inform the value proposition.
- Accountable for a portfolio of products and their associated vision, road map and budgets.
- Apply a deep understanding of the Alzheimer’s Association strategic plan, current environment, market trends and audience understanding to identify new products or enhancements.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts cross-functionally to identify opportunities, establish goals, plan required resources and build, price and promote products.
- Create new ways to package and promote existing products/content to increase reach while also identifying opportunities for new revenue streams.
- Identify and direct research required to inform product strategy including quantitative and qualitative research to define new audiences, identify target insights and optimal user experience.
- Provide direction on business requirements for product development and platform identification based on cross-functional input. Builds consensus along the way.
- Create personas and define product positioning statements informed by research and collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Leverage reach outside of organization by building relationships and collaborating with organizations and companies to partner and deliver content and products in new ways.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be: Curious. Creative. Collaborative. Innovative. Optimistic. Strategic.
- Experience developing and leading launch of large scope, complicated health care products with multiple partner teams that span multiple releases or phases.
- Strong business acumen with ability to see how to leverage existing or create new assets to reach objectives in the strategic plan.
- Ability to maintain a high standard for execution while balancing the goals and benefits of a minimally viable product.
- Knowledge of health care sector business to business marketing strategies and the development of products for companies/organizations.
- Experience working in or directly with health systems, long-term care and/or community based providers/organizations with product offerings such as quality care initiatives.
- Track record of effective collaboration and ability to successfully lead in a matrixed environment.
- Experience identifying appropriate digital platforms based on product and audience need.
- Ability to drive strategy and provide hands-on support to execute.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates alignment with our core values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
- 8-12 years’ experience managing product development
- 2-3 years’ experience managing, coaching, and developing staff
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability and willingness to travel up by ground and air transportation up to 15% (depending on home base); including some overnights
Alzheimer’s Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.