Director of Stewardship
The Alzheimer's Association National office seeks a Director of Stewardship who will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive stewardship plan for major gift donors, foundations and planned giving. The Director of Stewardship will report to the Director, Strategic Donor Engagement, and work with other staff to expand, implement and coordinate an association-wide stewardship program that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors.
This position will be located in Chicago, IL.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design & implement proactive program for donor relations and stewardship
- Direct all facets of the Zenith Society in conjunction with the Director, Strategic Donor Engagement
- Provide strategic oversight to the Zenith Fellows grant program
- Design & implement a relaunch of the Aspire Society in collaboration with the Director of Strategic Donor Engagement
- Design & implement a relaunch of the Founders Society in collaboration with the Director of Planned Giving
- Serve as advisor to select Zenith Society members
- Provide direction to The Judy Fund and other family funds as determined
- Influence and encourage all donor advisors to execute and track stewardship moves in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with Major gifts, Foundation and Planned Giving officers on all stewardship activities
- Provide direction on all aspects of the Zenith Society meeting, AAIC donor experience, Advocacy Forum and Major & Strategic Initiative events including donor communications, program, speakers, logistics and follow-up.
- Work collaboratively with donor advisors in securing donor attendance at nationwide events
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications and Director, Strategic Donor Engagement on all donor engagement communications and recognition materials - specifically Zenith Society publications.
- Ensure the accurate and timely external reporting to donors on the impact of their giving
- Manage and maintain records for all Association giving and recognition opportunities
- Collaborate on development of giving and recognition opportunities
- Coordinate research, program & advocacy priority funding areas and reporting
- Manage and coordinate acknowledgements, pledge agreements, reminders, and stewardship reporting for major, planned and foundation giving
- Manage the AD, Stewardship and the Specialist, Judy Fund and Strategic Engagement.
- Track and analyze outcomes of stewardship events, engagements, and activities
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- BA degree, Advanced degree a plus
- 7-10 years of related nonprofit fundraising experience
- Proven success in developing donor engagement and recognition plans, preferably in an academic medical center or related to medical research
- Demonstrated leadership in the donor engagement and recognition process
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; affinity for relationship building
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and carry out activities independently to meet specific timelines and goals
- Keen understanding of working in a federated, non-profit structure, coupled with desire to work collaboratively across functions and chapters.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, and travel as needed. Estimated overnight travel up to 20%.
Job Reference #: 3091