Director of Marketing
Job Title: Director of Marketing - Home Office
Location: Chicago, IL/remote
Full time based on 37.5 hours per week
Reports To: Vice President of Marketing
Who We Are:
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Our mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
At the Alzheimer’s Association, our employees are at the core of all we do. Our network of more than 1,700 employees across the United States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by Alzheimer’s and those at risk for the disease.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last eleven years in a row.
The Director of Marketing, supports the VP of Marketing and the entire organization through marketing planning, project management and implementation of consumer campaigns, advertising, and mass market events. This role develops and provides leadership to a team that executes programs advancing the mission and vision of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with creative production, internal stakeholders and outside agencies, leads and directs year-round advertising plan and measurement for the national office to increase concern & awareness of Alzheimer's disease and the Alzheimer's Association. Leadership role in running Ad Council campaign concept to production.
- Directs strategic marketing and creative strategy direction to project managers and designers for nationwide consumer campaigns to increase concern & awareness and drive constituent engagement including fundraising, advocacy action, and participation in mission activities of the Alzheimer's Association. This includes overseeing the creation of over 100 assets involved in supporting Walk efforts locally as well as National Media.
- Partner with Association-wide business owners as well as Public Relations, e-Strategy and Direct Marketing to provide strategic recommendations to develop integrated marketing plans.
- Provides support and guidance to field staff in order to increase nationwide marketing efforts and constituent engagement with the responsibility of ensuring branding and messaging from home office and local chapters are consistent with brand standards.
- Models, supports and implements the Alzheimer's Association brand, maintaining integrity and consistency throughout all communications.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to understand objectives and works with on-staff writers and designers to create collateral that meets these objectives.
- Directs team to oversee design function and print fulfillment by supporting systems that manage inventory and track budgets.
- Manages 6 direct reports on marketing team to develop skills and grow talent to support Alzheimer’s Association initiatives across all pillars.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Marketing, Advertising or a related field.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a marketing position in a corporation, healthcare, consumer goods organization, or agency.
- 5-7 years’ experience in creative strategy and development.
- 4-5 years management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Works effectively across groups through collaboration, respect, knowledge and ability to persuade and influence with demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and create inclusive environment.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, coach and develop staff as well as manage budgets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Experience in advertising account management working on businesses or organizations with multiple products or business lines and multiple locations, such as a franchise organization.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, strategic project briefs and shape creative that will deliver on them. Understanding of the print and video development and production processes.
- Experience directing multiple elements of an integrated marketing program.
- Change agent, able to challenge the status quo while building collaboration across functions for new direction.
- Uses strong listening skills to identify opportunities and resolve issues.
- Must be a proactive self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off, 12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of their choosing.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.