Director of Gala
This position is responsible for two gala events: Tampa Bay and Ft. Myers to include management and execution; fundraising support; overall coordination and strategic planning of all aspects of, including but not limited to advance planning, venue and vendor contract negotiations and coordination; collateral, sponsorship and promotional materials; event budget management; supervise the activities of volunteer leaders and work with event co-chairs to execute the event; sponsorship pledge renewals and solicitation; follow-up, administrative and tracking; volunteer recruitment and management; and on-site staffing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Oversee The Affair to Remember, Ft Myers and an Evening in White, Tampa with a revenue goal of $600,000 in FY19
* Manage activities of high profile committees to meet revenue goals and develop strategies for success; build and cultivate relationships with these client groups
* Work in partnership with event/gala chairs and committees to recruit and grow key volunteer and donor relationships, including but not limited to: Sponsorship solicitation; follow-up, tracking; benefits and general stewardship of sponsors throughout the year, as well as coordination and execution of cultivation events as needed.
* Cultivate and steward donors and volunteers year round
* Manage all financial aspects of assigned events, including issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive financial reports.
* Supervise vendors to ensure timeline, production needs and budget goals are met.
* Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day and oversee day-of event logistics and volunteers
* Work with Senior Leadership team members to develop timelines, strategies and goal setting to ensure team’s success
* Work cross-functionally with other Departments including Marketing and Communications, Development, Major Gifts, Care and Support, Public Policy, and Finance as needed to increase outreach and to identify and lead volunteer engagement and recruitment activities for both chapter gala events.
* Any other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in fundraising, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience
* 3 years’ experience in development, special events and or marketing
* Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Experience developing and managing large-scale special events with six figure budgets;
* Project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with multiple and competing deadlines;
* Ability to work with high-profile individuals and celebrities in a professional manner;
* Experience working with and cultivating relationships with sponsors and high level volunteer leadership;
* Ability to work independently, to work under supervision and to work in a team and goal oriented environment;
* Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
* Excellent ability to establish relationships and collaborate with colleagues, vendors and sponsors
* Great attention to detail while maintaining a big-picture perspective
* Successful in volunteer/committee recruitment, guidance and management
* Excel under pressure in fast-paced environments
* Prefer some knowledge of Team Approach, Convio. or other fundraising software
* Willingness to travel throughout the territory with occasional overnight travel
* Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
Job Reference #: 3444