Director of Family Services
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with the disease, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last ten years in a row.
The Director of Family Services position provides clinical oversight of all Chapter care consultations and serves as the primary contact for high level and/or complex family care plan meetings. The position is responsible for the statewide increase in physician referrals and the management of the Rapid Referral program. In support of the heath system strategy, the Director of Family Services serves as the Chapter contact for the account management process involving program staff. Overall, the position ensures the Family Service team is supportive of full mission efforts and the strategic plan.
The Director of Family Services helps to ensure our strategic vision for care and support services that all people affected by Alzheimer's or other dementias receive an accurate and timely diagnosis, have access to quality care and are provided the support they need while living with the disease or as a caregiver.
?Provide direct supervision of Manager of Family Services and the Early Stage Coordinator positions.
?Create and oversee the Helpline, early stage services, care consultation and physician outreach budgets.
?Coordinate and facilitate monthly care consultation supervision call with statewide program team.
?Serve as primary chapter contact for statewide Medic-Alert and Safe Return enrollment reports, wandering alerts and family intervention.
?Manage Rapid Referral (physician based referral program), including maintenance of health systems records, data entry and volunteer management.
?Assess the internal physician referral system, develop quality improvements and manage follow-up with referred patients.
?Provide regular communication with healthcare providers and build relationships in order to integrate Association services into provider operations.
?In collaboration with other staff, oversee the account management tool to ensure alignment with health systems strategy.
?Collaborate with other staff on current or proposed program-related grants, including budget, deliverables, statistics and audits.
?Work with Communications team for media requests and act as spokesperson on behalf of Alzheimer’s Association as needed.
?Ensure Chapter meets goals pertaining to the implementation of the Association’s Dementia Care Practice Recommendations in long-term care systems and community based providers.
* A Master’s Degree in social work, public health, gerontology, psychology or related field.
* A minimum of 7 years of supervisory experience of paid employees, including training, coaching, and conducting staff formal reviews
* Significant professional experience in healthcare systems and/or long term care industry
* Superior self-management skills, initiative and proven ability to collaborate
* Ability to effectively work and lead in a team environment
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to speak publicly in large and small groups
* Ability to self-start, multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
* Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy
* Skilled in supportive interventions
* Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
* Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
* Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a supportive team environment on strategic initiatives, priorities and mission fulfillment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to use other software and databases
* Access to a reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
* Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
* Bilingual: Spanish
* Experience in dementia care
* Counseling experience
keywords: social worker, senior care, geriatrics, dementia, older adults,
Job Reference #: 3616