Director of Development
Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures - but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times nine years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team - but we believe that person could be you.
This position is responsible for the implementation of the event Dancing Stars of Atlanta and its wrap around events to meet or exceed the budgeted goals through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as through corporate development. This position will be responsible for the Dancing Stars of Atlanta event as well as assisting with the growth and management of other development initiatives per the discretion of the Sr. Director of Development. Measurable outcomes for this position include: achieving designated financial and participant goals through team and individual fundraising, corporate solicitation, community partnerships, as well as increasing brand awareness and visibility in the community. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, this position requires frequent travel within the assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of the Dancing Stars of Atlanta and other events.
- Responsible for high level volunteer recruitment, training, coaching, and management resulting in the attainment of revenue and team goals.
- Build relationships with key volunteers, participants, sponsors and community leaders as well as existing and new corporate partners.
- Responsible for overall Dancing Stars of Atlanta’s volunteer committee development, team recruitment and retention strategies, budget, timeline, marketing/PR, logistics and best practice implementation.
- Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Dancing Stars of Atlanta teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve development goals.
- Execute plan for maximizing team participation to achieve revenue goals by retaining existing teams, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community and by providing fundraising guidance and support.
- Maintain year-round relationships with key corporate sponsors and constituents to ensure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
- Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Ensure Alzheimer Association’s standards are being followed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in learning opportunities for professional growth and self- improvement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals
- Preferred peer-to-peer fundraising experience or equivalent sales background
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfill the job goals. While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs. of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software
- Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3115