Director of Development
This position will provide leadership and direction for the enhancement, oversight and administration of a diversified comprehensive development plan that is aligned with the Association strategic plan (SIP). In addition, this position carries responsibility for the cultivation of corporate and organizational gifts, developing a Distinguished event (Gala) and increasing the Chapters Constituent events, Walk to End Alzheimer’s and The Longest Day revenue to fund the mission of the Association. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be able to work with and secure corporate partnerships and have an understanding of working and motivating volunteers. Working closely with the Association’s Regional Major Gift Officer, this position carries responsibility for engagement to an individual giving pipeline and Major Gifts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide management level leadership, oversight and implementation of fundraising programs to ensure a diverse revenue stream from corporate sponsorship and other corporate gifts, Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day, the Distinguished events such as Gala.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the annual strategic plan for the Chapter, with an emphasis on the identification and cultivation of prospects for fundraising appeals and to initiate new and maximize existing income streams from the Chapter.
- Manage corporate relationships to include securing new event sponsors, increasing commitment from existing sponsors, and ensuring benefit fulfillment.
- In coordination with Communications staff, develop marketing strategies, to include utilization of local media, to promote and increase special event awareness, visibility, and participation.
- Supervise the direct Association liaison for all third party events. Ensure completion and compliance of third party agreements.
- Develop an effective and "cause-dedicated" pool of effective volunteers, including strong chairs to lead all special events planning and implementation.
- Analyze/evaluate current donor base to identify opportunities to expand individual giving, major gifts. Build understanding for the Alzheimer’s Association - its research role, programs and services - in all communications with current and potential donors.
- Supervise, develop, evaluate, and support fundraising and communications staff.
- Represent Chapter at public and media events, as well as conferences and workshops.
- Assure compliance with all Association policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory requirements; promote Association-wide programs and initiatives. Ensure proper preparation and timely submission of reports as requested and required.
- Perform those additional duties deemed necessary by the Executive Director to maintain efficient operations in the defined geographical region.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales/marketing or related field; CFRE preferred
- 5 years proven leadership experience in professional fundraising, utilizing diversified fundraising programs. Experience with complex fundraising initiatives, preferred
- Proven success in making & closing fundraising requests of individual and groups to meet fund development goals
- Experience in strategic planning, budget development and management
- Successful experience in supervising and supporting fundraising staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop and mentor junior staff
- Attention to detail and solid project management skills
- Ability to work and collaborate with a variety of personalities in a positive manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Internet and database/fundraising applications, preferably Convio
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and occasional weekends
- Willingness and ability to represent Chapter at meetings and special events
- Ability to travel extensively in chapter territory, as well as occasional overnight travel
- Valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance and access to reliable vehicle to meet travel requirements
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2498